Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief Downtime This Morning

Options
  • 12-09-2004 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Sorry about that, the web process detached itself from reality. Should be okay now (for another while!).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

YAY, now I can stop working again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It went down last night. I went to the pub. Ive gotten out of bed now and its back.

All is good, though my life is a mix of Boards and Pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would'nt call 10.44 pm till 13.44 pm brief.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

yeah mike mine was about the same........it's a bit of a pain in the aesr !

why/how does it happen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Man That's Sad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It’s happened on mine a few times and it's always a pain in the ass... Well I am sure he has it sorted out, I'm just happy its back!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:

Was thinking same when I saw the title of this thread. Uptime has not been good of late

Is it the hosting or the hardware? Perhaps time to get some more dough out of the sponsors ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

mike65 wrote:
    Yeah really, almost lost my mind. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

unkel wrote:
    Was thinking same when I saw the title of this thread. Uptime has not been good of late

Is it the hosting or the hardware? Perhaps time to get some more dough out of the sponsors ;)
    Yes, thats a great idea, get more dough out of the people who'll already contributed. as opposed to the lazy ass bastards who havent. yes yes that sounds fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Well-said :)

When do I pay the €50 for the subscriber's fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

unkel wrote:

Read DeVore's journal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I've some magic beans, and a rope I use as abelt I can give Boards, if it helps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe its time for an annual sub for serious users.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:

Not a bad idea at all. Let's say users can voluntarily pay €10. If they've paid, an icon shows besides all their posts for a year, identifying them as a serious user that has contributed financially. If 1 in every 5 users do this, this will bring in about €50000 - surely that would guarantee better up-time?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I'm confused, how would that be any different from the annual subscription already in place?

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, boards can put the 20 smackers I just sent them to good use... Maybe they can dedicate a data cluster to me or something... ;)

Well, boards can put the 20 smackers I just sent them to good use... Maybe they can dedicate a data cluster to me or something... ;)

the doodle_sketch wing of the boards.ie server :D

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

unkel wrote:
    identifying them as a serious user that has contributed financially

Yea cause as we all know contributing financially is the only way one can be a serious user, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Ahhh - I was looking at the logs which indicated a much briefer downtime. Well, sorry again and glad it is working now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

happened on my day off. nice! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

flogen wrote:
    I'm confused, how would that be any different from the annual subscription already in place?

flogen
    I'm tihinking he's talking about a mandatory sub for users with x post per year, or x page impression per year. Maybe I'm wrong. Would be impossible and undesirable to implement though.

seamus wrote:
    I'm tihinking he's talking about a mandatory sub for users with x post per year, or x page impression per year. Maybe I'm wrong. Would be impossible and undesirable to implement though.

ah right.
    Well any kind of mandatory sub is bad news IMO, I do intend on becomming a subscriber soon, but having no choice wouldnt really help me out at all.

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd just get pissed off if there was a mandatory sub implemented.
    I fully intend becoming a subscriber as soon as i have some money coming into my pocket but until then i have to operate on less money than that a month.

(broke student yeh see)

a mandatory sub would manage to piss off at least half the user base so i think,personally, unless boards were in dire trouble for cash, its a real no go area.

Neil.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As DeV said in his latest journal entry, there's no danger of this happening anyway.

Advertisement