Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana Box Set

Options
  • 12-09-2004 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

Nirvana box set is finally coming out. rumoured since 1997, it will be released on nov 23rd in the us.

NIRVANA BOX SET - 3 CD & 1 DVD

Street Date: Nov. 23, 2004

Features the hits, live performances, previously unreleased rarities and b-sides

Over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos

Hours of unheard music and unseen footage

Features a 60 page booklet. DVD with first edition only

3-panel digipack, front cover is a metal plate

Closed size is 26cm x 14.5cm x 2.5cm. Open size is 81cm x 14.5cm

as long as they put more effort into this than 'muddy banks' ill be happy. ill be really happy if the dvd is good and it includes studio versions of old age and the last songs kurt wrote. also of note is that the dvd will include clips of the first 'nirvana' show at a house party in 87. the sound recording has been available for a while now, and its very interesting.

anyway, exciting stuff :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Will it have any of the stuff they recorded right before kurt Died?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

pyure wrote:
    Over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos

:eek: Wow, if this isn't bullsh*t, It's going to be rather lovely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

jsut like his diaries arn't there be thngs that shouldn't be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

chewy wrote:

No.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Depending on who was in on the compiling of this, t could be either great or absolutely useless as most of the "unheard" stuff in Nirvana's back catalogue has been circulating in the trading community for years. What I mean is stuff that might not be widely available is actually already available. Some Nevermind out-takes, a complete version of "old age" and the stuff done with Pat Smear would be nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

i have to get that can anyone get bleech in the shops i cant find it anywere i suppose ill have to get it of amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I think this is slightly different from the diary. The diaries were meant for Kurt and only him. However the songs were recorded for a purpose, to be heard.

My friends will get it, i shall definitly watch the DVD. Not much of a fan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

i have to get that can anyone get bleech in the shops i cant find it anywere i suppose ill have to get it of amazon.co.uk

Until recently this was all the nirvana u could get in golden discs in dun laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

After the unbelievable disappointment that was the 'nirvana' album released last year, this had better be good. Hopefully theyll throw in better versions of the stuff that was on hidden volumes, a decent booket (unlike the crap that came with the nirvana album) and a good dvd, and it should be sweet as :)

• Advertisement

Hidden Volumes? A bootleg?

Dude hidden volumes is THE bootleg. Its basically the album that the 'nirvana' album shouldve been. Its hard to find, my friend bought it (on tape) in a place in georges st. arcade probably about 8 years ago. Its got almost every b-side and rare track they released on it. Plus some demos (i remember one of kurt playing acoustic guitar while dave grohl tapped a beat on a coffee table!)

In other words nothing that isn't already available for free from the community? Didn't you know bootleggers kill young children in the third world ;) Anyway. How can you get a better quality B-Side? If it was on a CD already like...Fair enough Big Cheese was a Vinyl only B-Side but the it's the same version as is already available on Bleach.

Everything that's circulating (ALOT) is available here:
    http://www.livenirvana.com/index2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The NFC and nirvanafreak.com websites crashed from traffic when this was confirmed.

I can't wait! Supposedly, its being released in europe on the 22nd and america the day after.

huge wrote:

I got Bleach not long ago in Golden Discs in Liffey Valley SC, Cheap too, 12 euro, I think

The forums at nirvanaclub.com (NFC) have become nothing but a spamcan for newbs. They are of absolutely no use to anyone.

But no-one can join NFC anymore..hence, no more newbies

dregin-x wrote:
    In other words nothing that isn't already available for free from the community? [/url]

There wasnt much of a community 8 years ago when the internet was still a wee babby and napster wasnt invented lol.

Deadwing wrote:
    There wasnt much of a community 8 years ago when the internet was still a wee babby and napster wasnt invented lol.
    Hehe good point :) But still. Anything that's already on a bootleg would be an absolute waste on a boxset of 50 "unreleased" tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

normally by unreleased they mean officially unreleased, they'll obviously want to make money back on money "lost" from bootlegs

• Advertisement
Advertisement