Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to sell my House

Options
  • 12-09-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have been trying to sell my house in Palmerstown, Dublin 20 since April with no luck. We have had a ton of viewings but no offers as yet! We have had two estate agents trying to sell the house and we also have it on a site called daft.ie

Any suggestions? We really need to sell the house soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

SadieB wrote:
    I have been trying to sell my house in Palmerstown, Dublin 20 since April with no luck. We have had a ton of viewings but no offers as yet! We have had two estate agents trying to sell the house and we also have it on a site called daft.ie

Without trying to be glib i'd say if you really need to sell....Reduce the price. I've given up trying to buy a house in Dublin as the prices are so high. Again, not trying to be smart and obviously don't have all the details....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SadieB

We have reduced it already . It was originally €350,000 it's now €340,000. It's a 4/5 bed house with a big back garden. All the bed rooms have wooden floors as well as the sitting room. Kitchen is fitted and tiled as is the hall. Upstairs landing is carpeted. Only one bathroom with a corner bath and shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

I like the way you got the plug for the sale in there... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

SadieB wrote:

Well if you've had a lot of viewings its not an advertising problem although I'd list it on myhome.ie as well as it probably gets the most hits out of all the websites. May be still priced too high. Compare it with other simular property prices in the area. Also decor and presentation may be problem? Good luck with it as I know the feeling well. Put our house up last week and need a really quick sale so all fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

who's the estate agent?
    Are there any problems with that house that would make someone think twice about buying it such as extensions with no PP?
    myhome.ie is where most people go to look for a house so make sure your agent has it on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

has the estate agent given you any feedback as to why you haven't had any offers?
    They should be following up with the viewers to ask them why they didn't consider it...
    If they're not doing the job properly, sack them...
    Personally I feel they don't do enough to try and sell the house.
    Did they give you any tips on what might sell your property quicker?

Advertisement