Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths book

Options
  • 12-09-2004 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi, anyone know of a good applied maths book? maybe I'm just being pickey but the fundemental applied maths one doesn't seem that good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Yes there is one, can't remember the name but it was on sale in Easons O'Connell St. when I last ventured in.

Having said that my fmr. App Maths teacher did say that Fundamental Applied Maths is the better one of the two.

I never used my book, instead I used Aidan Roantree's precious Institute notes that I got during a Xmas revision course. When I finally used them I went from a D2 in the mocks to a B1....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

The book is good for the basics but as Siward said Aidan's notes are really the best thing available. I started applied maths at the start of 6th year and slogged through the course on my own (they hadn't anyone to teach it in my school). I went to a revision course at Easter and I was flying it from there. Got an A2 amazingly in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

sorry to sound thick but whats the institute? are their notes on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Institute of Education its kinda like a grinds place on Leason street. They don't like giving the notes to anyone but the people who do their courses. Fly in for a week during the christmas holidays or something and you can get them. I'd scan them for you but there are at least 150 pages of them...

Thanks, 150pages! thats a lot, I've actually heard of that institute place, I think there is one like it near me, might see if I can go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

So me reply is a few days late, but wot d hell.

The guy that wrote 'Fundamental Applied Maths' has a kind of website, and he's selling all leaving cert q's and solutions in a book for 10euro, seems worth it go to www.discovingmaths.com/students/appliedmaths/, ur meant 2 email him or sumtin then he'll send it.

Hmm, might do that. My head offered me a different book, he's got a ton of them in his office and is trying to peg them off, it's called "applied maths for leaving cert" you ever hear of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

nope, hav'nt heard of it. I gotta say tho i don't mind Fundamental Applied Maths, sum of the examples r pretty gud, but its probably the teacher that makes u gud r bad at it.

Advertisement