Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3650 just died after recieving a txt

Options
  • 12-09-2004 7:00pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Phone was working grand, recieved a message
    click on "show" but it still stayed on the backround picture and froze,
    so i took out the battery and turned it back on,
    powered on grand then the phone froze when it loaded it.
    did the battery again, now it won't charge(I think) and when i power it on the light just goes on with "nokia" on it you know what i mean if you own a 7650/3650
    any ideas on what just happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Borrow another sim card and see if your phone works. There may have been something in the message the phone didn't like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Nope, still the same backround light on with the nokia writing on it
    I think its some scam by nokia :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

any more ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

not 100% sure, but was there not a virus going around that killed nokias on the spot? i remember it worked on a 6310 or was it the 6210, but it killed nokias when you opened this text with some special charicters in it. can you bring it to a service centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Funny thing is, exact same thing happened to my sisters 3650 week b4 last!
    Had to pay vodafone €60 to repair it an it took over 10 days! (urs might still be under warrenty tho).

Cant help wondering if there is somthing OS-Specific..... either way, having it flashed seems to be the only way to fix, dont do what she did an spend 3 days trying to fix it urself or hoping it will just fix itself.

B

• Advertisement

Hmm, might do that so.
    Thing is I bought the phone second hand
    I'll only get it repaired if I can find someone to buy it..
    Am sure I'd getting get 100 for the phone..
    can yea flash them myself with a data cable, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

i dont think you can. i could be wrong. i know i couldent flash my 7650 my self, but i had no cable for that. i only had a bluetooth connection.

Advertisement