Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with telescope parts

Options
  • 12-09-2004 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

hey all.
    I've recently been granted access to an attic were i found a fairly new looking telescope. It's called an atlas explorer and is missing a few parts.

firstly 1 leg
    the weights to hold the telescope in place and the each end of the large scope is missing it's eyepiece and what ever goes at the other end. also the finder could be replaced.

im gonna take some pictures of it and maybe people can help me locate and name the missing parts. this is not my field of expertieeZE. but with a little help i would like to see this telescope in working order.

what should i take pictures of? anything that can help identify this item. i did a google and this crowd seems to make very similiar models: http://www.skywatchertelescope.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

If you're looking for spare parts, and with a little research you know what you're looking for, try www.astromart.com for spares. You'll be best to make an account, and later on, create a PayPal account, so that you can purchase safely online. Check out www.paypal.com for those details.

I have bought some stuff from there, and while it was geared for American surfers, most will accomodate overseas shipping.

Try it!

Good luck on the rebuilding - it sounds like it will be a great little scope!

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

That was good advice about astromart.
    Try and get the leg sorted first. if you have no luck locating one could you make a wooden one?

You could pick up a few eyepices on astromart or adorama.
    I got a good set of eyepieces on adorama for $119, shipping was cheap too.

All the best,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

wild_eyed wrote:
    what should i take pictures of? anything that can help identify this item. i did a google and this crowd seems to make very similiar models: http://www.skywatchertelescope.com

Pictures of anything would help, the tripod, the telescope itself, anything that looks like it has something missing, and any `bits` that you have that you dont know where they go.

Cheers,
    ~Al

Advertisement