Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advise Please

• 12-09-2004 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,I am new to this forum so please forgive me if my quiery is not relevent.
    To cut to the chase i am moving in to a new house shortly and have only one t.v cable socket in the living room,my question is can i run a second cable from the rf output on my panasonic digibox upstairs along side the existing cable(lnb to reciever)or will this cause interferance,also could i run a telephone cable alongside the same from the attic to the reciever in the sitting room,
    Thanks all,
    Hope i have posted this in the right place. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Seems Okey in my opinion
    I have coax running alongside the mains...NO problems yet

Digiking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seamo1

But with cable running from the lnb to the reciever and cable running from the rf to second reciever and telephone cable all in the one cable pipe would i not suffer some sort of interferance if not that would save me a lot of hassle let alone expence :confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No, it will be fine. I recommend double screened cable to feed the second TV (pref CT100), as single screen cable is rubbish and a waste of money - it's too lossy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seamo1

Thanks for that.
    P.S i I think this site is really usefull

Advertisement