Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win 2000 pro log in password lost?.

Options
  • 12-09-2004 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Got a laptop from a mate of mine whos girlfriend cant remember the password of her laptop,ive googled for freeware software but have come up with nothing other than buy this or that....Anyone know or point me in a direction of software to view her password.....or change it....

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Get yourself a bootable linux distro with "NT password" on it, this will allow you to change the password.

Thanks JoePC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

@joepc.

thanks for that but just looking at the laptop now and it only has a floppy drive and ive no external cdrom...rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html ;)

used it myself on several occasions, and it works a treat. best bet is to 'blank' the password and then boot up and reset it from there to somehting you'll remember.

also note that it doesn't make any changes until you finish telling it what to do and then navigate out of the program.

@vibe666

went through all the set up and thanks alot for the help brilliant website but no joy....the file system is fat32 on the win2000 pro so would that have something to do with it?....both admin and quest i have set to blank password and when it comes up with her name i press ok with no password and still says its not right one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

mad m wrote:
    @vibe666

went through all the set up and thanks alot for the help brilliant website but no joy....the file system is fat32 on the win2000 pro so would that have something to do with it?....both admin and quest i have set to blank password and when it comes up with her name i press ok with no password and still says its not right one...

You need to log in as "Administrator" and not your girlfriends name, dummy

• Advertisement

@ vibe666

hey i got in....when i was loggin in her name was there,so i deleted it and put administrator in instead and press ok and the desktop came up no problem....am i missing something there.Well thanks alot for that website mate "Brilliant"......

thanks

bazH wrote:
    You need to log in as "Administrator" and not your girlfriends name, dummy

ok ok calm down hehe....thanks

Advertisement