Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judas Priest?

Options
  • 12-09-2004 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Judas priest, Love them or hate them?

Man these guys ****ing rule.

I'm on my own on this one or is there anyone else out there who agrees with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're definetly a great band, probably wouldn't be my favorite of all time, but they're definetly great. Just can't beat it when you stick on Painkiller though, can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

i like judas priest-breaking the law

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

British Steel is a class album

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

British Steel is a good album, but United pisses me off. But Painkiller simply rules

Ive only been listening to them about 3 weeks and i cant get enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Painkiller is defo a great album!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Too bad they're ot playing here this year.

I'd love to see them. I was reading reviews from there Ozzfest dates. There tearing **** up according to that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Priest are a really really great band. Stained Classs, Sin After Sin & Killing Machine (in that order) being their best albums - truly classic metal. After the NWOBHM they had some brilliant albums - the aforementioned British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance & Defenders Of The Faith being the standouts - with the possible exception of the fairly experimental 'Turbo Lover' although there are some good tunes on that too. Painkiller would be their best album since Killing Machine but the last two albums were absolute pure unadulterated sh*t :mad: They really missed Halford's writing talents and now that he's back the new album should be kick ass (all you have to do is listen to his last solo album 'Crucible' - it's the damn business)! Saw them on March 31st '91 in the SFX (supported by Annihilator), 'twas a great gig and I'm looking forward to seeing them back again (provided they play of course :rolleyes: ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I think you're being too harsh on the Ripper era. Granted, they're not classics but Jugulator has it's moments. The 98 Meltdown live album is excellent. I've a lot of time for Tim Owens. They shouldn't have let Glenn Tipton produce those albums, just way to much chaff (ie painfully long noise intros to every song).

For me, Hell Bent For Leather and Painkiller are the ones that get me every time :D

I thought Ripper was a quality vocalist and I don't hold him responsible for the tunes - it was Tipton and Downing that continued the writing but without Halford it just didn't work. As cliched as Priest have always been the two albums with Ripper were +10 for musical and particularly lyrical cliches (really awful lyrics :o). The two albums had their moments I s'pose, but they were very very few and far between and granted the live album was pretty good.

Oh and Killing Machine & Hell Bent For Leather are basically the same album, it was just titled differently for the American market (and had the extra cover track of 'The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)').

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I love Priest too, but I saw them at Graspop this year and they were crap.

What I would dearly have loved to see is when Halford stood in for Ozzy for a couple of Black Sabbath sets on the Ozzfest tour this year. He did it back in 92(?) aswell. Imagine him singing N.I.B. or Iron Man with Geezer, Tony and Bill backing him up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

With Sabbath? *droool*

Is it ok to drool at that prospect or does it make me sound gay?

Its ok to drool man...

It's ok ;)

I was yay close to wetting meself... again :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Judas Priest are almost as good as sex. The riffs, the solos, the screaming, it's just good old f*ck-off metal. Yum.

Incidentally, I came across a Rob Halford album the other day. Anyone know if his solo stuff is worth buying?

Sarky wrote:
    Incidentally, I came across a Rob Halford album the other day. Anyone know if his solo stuff is worth buying?

Ressurection = Yes
    Live Insurrection = Yes
    Crucible = Yes

... that's a yes then
    :D

And pick up the two Fight albums if you haven't already got them

didn't Rob Halford do some sort of project with Trent Reznor?

Indeed he did. The band was called Two, the album called "Voyeurs"

haven't heard it, haven't much desire to tbh

from what I recall anyone who heard it regretted it

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    Judas Priest are almost as good as sex. The riffs, the solos, the screaming, it's just good old f*ck-off metal. Yum.

The solo stuff is really worth buying, especially if you like good old f*ck-off metal :D

Had a lend of that Two album for about a month and never listened to it, Trent Reznor in any shape or form just doesn't excite me :rolleyes:

Advertisement