Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aw whats holding it back

Options
  • 12-09-2004 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

ok its me and this geil ram again

thought....lots of reviews ive read say this pc3200 value stuff will do 255mhz stable..now i want some of that!

so as you know i had it to 235 (230 now..for some reason) @ 2.5-3-3-6

well i wanted to get past 240 but i had 1 of 3 errors when i tried...it either got the "platinum screen" saying press tab to switch to post...and just pauses there
    or it gets past that and i get a black screen with a flashing underscore like it wants me to type or summat..and again pauses..OR i just get..a bios thing telling me its booted it safe mode and to revert back to my previous settings..not being put off by this ive reset the cmos about 100 times!

so i thought!..i know give it 2.8v..drop the timings back 2.5-4-4-8..there stock..and see if it will post at 240...no! it pauses at the platinum screen :(

whats even worse..is i thought i know ill go back to my old settings for now..235 @ 2.5-3-3-6...it wont post at that anymore with 2.7v! which i had before at 2.65v running memtest for about 5hrs with no errors! :eek:

so im at a loss here..im back to 230 @ 2.5-3-3-6..with 4x ht and cpu multiplier at 10.5....i tried 3x before..and droppin the mulitplier to like 9..but it just wouldnt post :(

anybody know wot i can try..oh and a question would a chip at 12x200 (its stock speed) and a chip at 240x10..need the same voltage..is the voltage dependant on the clock speed or the fsb..if its fsb..then thats probably why im not getting anywhere coz i wont give it anymore than 1.55 at the mo..if its clock speed..then im gonna cry because im deemed to be stuck at 230 now ..unless anyone can help :confused:

i know im expecting a lot..but it just seems so stable at 235..or it did :rolleyes: that i thought it could do more !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I would suggest that you set your ram to 166mhz in the core cell menu. This will take the ram out of the equation therefore allowing your to see how high your processor will go.

The 64 3200+ we've been playing with here will only go to 237x11 stable. It wont go 1mhz higher even with 1.7v or httx3. It posts in safe mode and resets the overclocks.

When your finished testing the cpu then you can see will your memory do 1:1. At least when you do this you can find out whats the problem componant.

Advertisement