Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And there was me thinking The Lion King was an original story...

• 12-09-2004 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

While searching he web tonight I found that The Lion King is a pretty blatant copy of Kimba The White Lion, a cartoon series from the 60's! Apparently it was going to be a remake but they couldn't get the rights. Have a look yourselves. Granted there are differences but it has to be said that Disney ripped off Kimba. I haven't the energy to rant right now

Here

And here-check out the baboon and evil uncle.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Isn't the lion king a re-telling of Hamlet or something like that?

btw, never heard about the rip off before, but its pretty blatent just from the pictures of the stampede and the appiration in a cloud thing

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Given that the storyline is ripped off from Hamlet anyway....and Lion King 3 is basically Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz & Gildenstern Are Dead... I wouldn't get too attached to the idea of Kimba being an original story either. At worst, LK is a derivative work of a derivative work. That Shakespeare sure could write cartoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

You have read Hamlet, right? How the hell is it anything like Hamlet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Raz wrote:
    You have read Hamlet, right? How the hell is it anything like Hamlet?
    There are similarities in the tale, but it isn't a straight retelling. I love the idea of the third film being a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern story. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Okay I can accept that but I'm still not convinced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anyone remember the episode of simpsons where bleeding gums murphy died? They ripped off the talking from the cloud thing, with Mufasa, but he said Kimba, then corrected himself. Think Matt Groening may have been hinting at this?

Advertisement