Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is Eircom going to try keep hold of their BB customers?

• 12-09-2004 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

They gave me a free upgrade to an 8gig cap a few months ago. But it's not good enough anymore, with the new deals coming out from rivil companies.

I'm going to get out of there if I don't get 16-32GB in a while. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you agreed to their product with an 8gig cap so really there's not much you can do, you could break your contract but they'll charge you i really can't see eircom upping their usage caps i really can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

DingChavez wrote:
    They gave me a free upgrade to an 8gig cap a few months ago.
    Are you sure they gave you a free upgrade to an 8GB cap, or did they give you a 'free' upgrade to their 8GB product so they could start charging you €54 as opposed to €39 for the 4GB package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

Well eircom don't enforce the cap (and in many cases the online bandwidth monitor doesn't even work for customers) so just make the most of it for the moment. There doesn't look like there's any sign of it changing soon either, even though some of the other ISPs have started checking the caps (e.g. UTV).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'll be off to IOL as soon as my contract ends but only if eircom dont increase the caps and the port transfer system is sorted so i dont get downtime, I dont want to break the eircom cap at all just incase I ever got charged, its really not worth breaking caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

GiMiC wrote:
    Well eircom don't enforce the cap (and in many cases the online bandwidth monitor doesn't even work for customers) so just make the most of it for the moment. There doesn't look like there's any sign of it changing soon either, even though some of the other ISPs have started checking the caps (e.g. UTV).

Considering how much they could charge you that is a bit of a risk, go 4gb over the cap and eircom decide to enforce the cap leaving you with a hefty bill and no excuse for not paying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Are you sure they gave you a free upgrade to an 8GB cap, or did they give you a 'free' upgrade to their 8GB product so they could start charging you €54 as opposed to €39 for the 4GB package?

No, I was one of the first to get their new product so they gave me a free upgrade at the same rate. It was great at the time but the market is getting competitive.

Advertisement