Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No internet connection on wireless connection?

• 12-09-2004 10:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friend of mine has Eircom dsl with wireless/router/modem (linksys wag54g for anyone interested) - one pc is cable connected to the linksys and the other pc upstairs has a wireless card (dlink 520g I think)

Sometimes the upstairs pc will connect to the network but cannot get an internect connection - anyone any ideas what he should be adjusting to get a permanent connection. For instance earlier today he had a fine internet connection and then later on this evening none at all - this happens quite regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

What is his OS?

Does he use a dect phone or a remotely monitored alarm?

Does he have a filter on all connected phones?

Pluging out (rebooting) the phone line and the Router for 40 seconds can reaccuire the connection.

Does he use WEP?

If so;

Left click on "Wireless Network Connection" on Taskbar.

Left click on Properties

Left click on "Wireless Networks"

Left click on Properties

If Network Authentication reads "Open"
    change it to "Shared"

Click OK

Sometimes it is necessary to reboot the PC.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dub45 wrote:
    Friend of mine has Eircom dsl with wireless/router/modem (linksys wag54g for anyone interested) - one pc is cable connected to the linksys and the other pc upstairs has a wireless card (dlink 520g I think)

Sometimes the upstairs pc will connect to the network but cannot get an internect connection - anyone any ideas what he should be adjusting to get a permanent connection. For instance earlier today he had a fine internet connection and then later on this evening none at all - this happens quite regularly.

Check firmware on the WAG54g - the forums at www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk have a link to the newest firmware (1.02.3 if I recall..) which solves a lot of the wireless dropping problems.. If its a case of wireless dropping at it continues then see if he can change the WAG54g for the newer version (the one with an on/off switch)..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

parsi wrote:
    Check firmware on the WAG54g - the forums at www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk have a link to the newest firmware (1.02.3 if I recall..) which solves a lot of the wireless dropping problems.. If its a case of wireless dropping at it continues then see if he can change the WAG54g for the newer version (the one with an on/off switch)..
    I'm using a wag54G on 1 of my lans since last January. I've only had to reboot it once(by pulling out the WALL plug and phone socket for 40 seconds
    I have a Netgear Lan at home and have to reboot it almost daily, mind you I have 2 Dect phones and a monitored alarm at home.
    In the past I have found broadband buyer to be unsatisfactory. They do have a great website, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I use a wag54G at home (two PC's using LAN cable and two wireless). All have internet access, and all work fine.

I have updated the firmware. Maybe you need to just update the firmware, and make sure you've it set up correctly. Check your DHCP settings.

Advertisement