Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences with IBB / Guinness Mast

• 12-09-2004 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,
    just wondering what experiences people have with the guinness mast as regards service / gaming / reliablity

I'm currently on eircom dsl and the service has really degraded since i got it last year.

And can anyone explain the different equipment they're giving out (2.4 ghz / 5.6 ghz gear), will they install a specific type of equipment at request ?

Also has anyone tried to break contract with eircom within 3 months of purchase ?
    all replies welcome :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Are you sure the Eircom service has degraded? I've had it for about 18 months and it's still as good as new.

You want the 5.8Ghz VL equipment from IBB. This requires minimally the 1Mbps service for €40+VAT a month. It requires LOS and an aerial bolted onto your house. I wouldn't consider any other service from them. As for the performance of that particular mast, haven't got a clue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi,

I'm currently on eircom dsl and the service has really degraded since i got it last year.
    :D

Have you done all the usual checks on your equipment etc? whatever criticisms there may be of Eircom it is very rare to hear complaints like that so are you sure its not something on your side?

Advertisement