Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Broadband Scheme Questionaire...

Options
  • 12-09-2004 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi. As a consequence of involvement in a Group Broadband Scheme, I have been asked to put together a questionaire which is to be filled out by members of the local community. The aim of this questionaire ultimately is to demonstrate that there is a demand/interest in broadband within the local community.

I would be grateful if anyone who has already been through this process could provide their thoughts on what should be included in said questionaire.

It seems like a reasonably straightforward task but i want to make sure that I don't omit anything that may be relevant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I would be very surprised if the funding agency for these new community 'Group broadband schemes' do not already have an official sample questionaire.

I know 'oscarBravo' is the expert on this type of community initiative, might be worth contacting him via PM. As he has already set up a fully operational scheme in his area.

Hope that help's.

Good luck, and I would be interested in how your project pan's out ?.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

In truth, only one simple question is required, but qualify it with a statement that there is no commitment to purchase:

"If broadband was available in the community would you be interested in availing of the service?"

If "yes", then they return the questionnaire with their name, address, phone number (make sure to state that their details will only be given to the provider who actually brings broadband to the community).

The questionnaires that you receive back are "registrations of interest" or "the demand". Once you can tell any BISP or the Dept. that you have X number of registrations, then the demand will be seen as been valid.

Hope that helps,

Gareth

Advertisement