Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ohh ohh ohh

• 30-05-2001 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone here playing on any players shards ?

plus anyone heard any more on neverwinternights ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Want to find a decent player shard myself. Joined one, but it was a bit crap with only 20 members. shut down since.

As for NWN: it's scheduled for December release. It gt delayed again because they wanted to see if they could create a bit of interactivity between NWN and the DM Tools being developed by Fluid. Basically, I think, dm tools will be able to be used as an easier edtor and more versatile character builder for NWN.

*if* it does exactly what it says on the tin, it should be one seriously kick ass game. there are already a ton of groups forming to write scenarios for NWN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

What happened to the UO shard you were working on Lolth?

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

never quite got my head around that world editor thingy. Would have helped if it actually ran on my work PC though, there were times when I literally had zip to do for days on end.

Definitely considering a NwN world set-up. Got the server, need a place to park it and already in "negotiations" with Eric Noah to snaffle all his NWN ideas and projects as soon as they're ready smile.gif

Temple of Elemental Evil, online <droooool>

seriously though,

server gets switched on and up for X amount of hours every weekend. Large enough world and you can have multiple groups legging bout in multiple adventures simultaneously (as well as butchering each other smile.gif ) Players join by invite only - to control numbers and cut down lag. Larger the server/connection the better the world and more players.

Technically it is possible to have a UO style solid state world that plays and looks a bit like Diablo. With the amount of projects going on lready, I don't think there'll be any shortage of land add ons (one group has already got plans for an Arabian Nights style land.. even trying to work out ship to ship combat (now *that* would be fun!)

ToEE would be a nifty starter as it is based around one town near a huge dungeon and the surrounding forest. It's also a killer dungeon. Took my players four attempts and 6 years before they finally gave up smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well we'll be running a NwN server on games2, which is about to get a upgrade so it'll easily manage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

edited... please don't mess with the page format smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Regi (edited 31-05-2001).]

Nice one rev!

If your in need of a DM at any time, gimme a shout. (18 years playing, 14 years dming so far smile.gif )

Alas its a long way away :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

i had a player shard, took me and 6 others 3 months to fully construct, but it was a full world, with races/factions/player towns. needless to say it R0x0red. Then i gave the files to someone so they could actually run the shard for people, and he decided to never bother even trying to use it. and i never got my files back frown.gif

(i even had necro magic)

some blurb about NwN for those that do not know yet:

Neverwinter Nights(NWN) is a new Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) roleplaying game from BioWare, the developers of Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast. Neverwinter Nights has been designed specifically for the online, multiplayer environment and the latest in 3D technology. It also allows you to experience all the magic of pen-and-paper Dungeon Mastering on your home computer! Using Neverwinter Nights' powerful and user-friendly Solstice Toolset, you can create and populate entire new modular worlds and stories for others to adventure in. As an all-powerful Dungeon Master (DM), Neverwinter Nights even allows you to alter the plot, possess characters, and manage combat from behind the scenes, all in real time.

In full accordance with the new edition of the D&D rules, Neverwinter Nights allows you to play any combination of 7 races and 11 classes. In addition to the traditional humans, elves, half-elves, dwarves, gnomes, and halflings, you can also play the powerful new half-orc. Wizards, clerics, paladins, druids, rangers, fighters, rogues, and bards abound, but are they any match for the new sorcerer, barbarian, and monk classes? We'll leave you to find out.

Our minimum system specifications will likely be a Pentium Pro 200 or Power PC of greater than 200 mhz, with a Riva TNT or Voodoo2 class 3D card and 32 MB of RAM. An internet or LAN connection will, of course, be required for those wishing to play multiplayer games. A 56K modem should allow any such computer to support at least 8 players, while a cable modem will be able to support a larger number of players. We are currently unsure of maximum numbers, but we are aiming for a maximum of approximately 64 players on most home-based servers. With dedicated and more powerful systems, the maximum number of players on the server could increase even further.

Meanwhile, anyone know of some decent Pshards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jug-A-Lug:
    i had a player shard, took me and 6 others 3 months to fully construct, but it was a full world, with races/factions/player towns. needless to say it R0x0red. Then i gave the files to someone so they could actually run the shard for people, and he decided to never bother even trying to use it. and i never got my files back frown.gif

(i even had necro magic)
    </font>

Get them back!!

http://www.gamemonger.com/uo/

I'm having a look at this one. Seems intersting.

Anyone on for trying to create an Irish guild on a shard? I liked UO but there was never anyone on when I was. Lake Superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

id be all for makin an irish clan , but theres not many irish players round is ther?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

id say theres a good 20 playing on europa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

Where can you get the program for greating and running your own server/shard? I thought the site was www.uox.com but its just a domain for sale? Did they move?

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

it on stratics somewhere afik
    http://www.stratics.com/

You should also take a look at sphere, its another server for UO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Stratics removed it some months back and actually added rules to thier forums to ban anyone discussing it. EA sent them a nice legal letter I believe.

However you can still find it if you look for it.

http://www.uoxdev.com/

Oh yea, you can be banned from UO if they know you are using UOX or playing UOX servers (of course you have to actually tell them your doing that).

Started up on a Pshard called ImagineNation.

www.imagine-nat.com I think.

It's actually very good. Start point seems to be Minoc (I selected Britian but ended up in Minoc) with a teleporter to a player run town Trinsic. They have GM events etc. I was there for a huge Brown Bear assault on the town (got butchered three times in as many minutes and lost all my equipment.. all i wanted to do was run away!).

PKing is allowed, and they have a whole bounty and kill rate system set up.

Most notable change that I saw, there's a load more ores to be mined (hmmm, blood red plate mail smile.gif ).

A lack of regs on the ground, and small animals to beat up but this could be for lag reduction. I noticed very little to no lag but did get booted once when I died the third time.

Takes about three hours to initiate an account (5 characters per account) and seems to have about 200 players online at any one time (there were a load on over the weekend). Also has a good mix of nationalities, met a Swedish bloke and a Japanese guy. Not much muppetry as far as I can tell.

This looks like the shard for me alright.

ps. they have housing, and some different decorations to the OSI shards (the black and red summoning circle looks quite tasty).

I reckon there'd be a nice spot available for a guildhouse/settlement. There's one spot in particular I would want to check, but I need to get the ol' fighting skills up to scratch before I even attempt to have a look (lizard man territory). Houses seem to cost about 60k.

Think I'll give it a go, whats the name of your character ?

• Advertisement

Decion.

Normally wear blue and white.

I'll be on tonight about 10. I'll hang around central minoc for a bit. Have to do the ol' boring stat building bit.

The sign up doesnt appear to be working right now :/

****grooooaaaaannnn*******

that bit took me nearly 3 hours frown.gif

any luck signing up yet?

I signed up on a saturday about 4 o clock. Maybe their signup service is only online at weekends?

Or, alternatively, is there another pshard out there worth looking into?

Some of the ones with necromantic magic sound interesting.

Just tried the sign on and it worked, now all I need to do is patch :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is It quite big, as in im signing up but i like to have a lot of players there.

Advertisement