Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

postal order.... ?

• 13-09-2004 2:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey!

It's probably a stupid question,

but can anyone tell me how to send the damn postal order? is it save? do they need some id or something? is it like sending a parcel?

I have to send some money to my friend with the registered post, but I have never used post for sending money

can you please tell me how the whole process happens?

I don't want to go to the post, just to stand there like a stupid jackass, it's better to ask here

:o:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

A postal order is similar to a bankers draft, it is a pre-paid cheque that are lodged to the bank account by the named reciever. It should be sent in a registered letter insured to the value of the postal order.

A registered letter can contain anything, you must declare the value of the contents when posting in order to recieve compensation if is lost or stolen. The cost of it depends on the value of the contents. It can be tracked on the post website. It must be signed for at the recipient's address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

I recommend Western Union Money Transfer myself as it is fast and cheap.
    Basically u pay in the money at the post office or bank, choose a destination to send it, currency etc. The money arrives anywhere in the world within 20 mins.

Then your friend simply goes to his local western union agent to collect it. Fills in a recieve money form, writes down the code to unlock the money and bingo its his.

Very quick, easy and cheap.

Give them a ring on their free phone number or check out there webpage.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks for explanations/suggestions guys!

one question, do I have to have a bank account to do those transactions guys? Postal Order and Western Union?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Western Union - no bank account
    Postal order - The reciever needs a bank account (I think, they have changed them recently so it is possible they could be cashed at the post office) but the sender does not need a bank account.

Super!

Thanks a lot for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

CyberGhost wrote:
    I have to send some money to my friend
    Things like this are only for sending money to friends, not strangers, not people form ebay or people you first heard of when they sent you an e-mail. They are essentially untrackable. For larger amounts, you may need ID.

You could of course you Banking365 or similar or walk into a bank branch and lodge money direct to their account.

Thanks for warning Victor! i'll be careful with it!

Advertisement