Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CL65 AMG spotted

Options
  • 13-09-2004 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Saw a CL65 AMG this morning on the Stillorgan Dual Carraigeway. I know it was the real thing because I saw the V12 BiTurbo badge on the front wheel arches. Anyone else spotted it? Just wondering who in Ireland can afford to buy and maintain a 6ltr V12 twin turbo monster!? Anyone know who drives it or is it Northern reg (I couldn't catch the reg from the bus :( )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Listen peasant, plenty of us can afford it, but only few of us have enough taste to avoid this monstrosity of a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Listen peasant,
    lol snob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

hey dont slag MY daily drive. I use the Leon at the weekends.

You wish! (I hope otherwise I'm seriously jealous :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It belongs to a guy who lives on the North Side who recently sold his freight company, his 23 year old son is also insured on it and took a couple of us for a spin in it. Guy only went as high as 80 in it, in a 40/30 zone though I might add

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    It belongs to a guy who lives on the North Side who recently sold his freight company, his 23 year old son is also insured on it and took a couple of us for a spin in it. Guy only went as high as 80 in it, in a 40/30 zone though I might add
    Now that I am jealous of...prob took all of 5secs to get to 80

I am a relatively safe driver...keep within all the limits etc.....but I think I would lose my licence within bout 2mins of driving that yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It could be the owner of Madden Car Sales in Lucan.
    I fitted a tracking system on one of those last week for him.
    It has N. Irl reg.

Is an "animal" of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What a ****ing car! Oh if only I could scrape enough pennys together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It's the one with all the torque and horse power, is there a production motor with more torques at the moment?

• Advertisement

it was on top gear a couple of weeks ago, they pitched it up against a tug-o-war team who had no problem pulling the thing along. I think they working it out that the average man has about the power of 75bhp.

Can open, worms everywhere. I'm guessing but I'd say the average man could produce 5hp for about 10seconds...on a very good day.

So how come a team of 8 men could pull this beast of a car when the full power of it is 612bhp So you think its 5hp per man ... horse power maybe but I said BHP not HP. :rolleyes:

They had better traction.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fabritzo wrote:
    They had better traction.

Yep that's it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't know about the 660, but im the lucky person who got a drive of the 55 AMG. T'was last summer on the Galway => Moycullen road. Didnt hit savage speeds but i felt like a king (with almost brown pants... Not even 20 and driving a car worth a good.... 200k?)

Would love to get insured on it... just for the day. Id drive *everywhere* :p

JohnCleary wrote:
    Would love to get insured on it... just for the day

That'll be 5 grand.............for the day :eek:

So whoever let you drive it (I presume you were not a named driver, but that you have 3rd party insurance driving other cars) was willing to risk his €200k should you write it off?

So how come a team of 8 men could pull this beast of a car when the full power of it is 612bhp So you think its 5hp per man
    The CL was on wet grass so the traction control kept kickin in and cuttin the power to the wheels. On a dry track however, things would be ALOT different.
    Fabritzo wrote:
    It's the one with all the torque and horse power
    Mercedes actually had to detune the engine because there was so much torque that it broke the machines trying to test the power figures. Hence the drivetrain, gearbox, linkages etc would not last long with that kinda power bein sent through them.

unkel wrote:
    So whoever let you drive it (I presume you were not a named driver, but that you have 3rd party insurance driving other cars) was willing to risk his €200k should you write it off?

Yes. Next question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

JohnCleary wrote:
    Yes. Next question?

How many cupholders are there within easy reach of the driver?

Don't know, I was too busy driving, taking care not to write-off a €200k car

Advertisement