Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEDR ignore e-mails?

Options
  • 13-09-2004 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Have any of you guys ever had any success e-mailing the Irish Domain Registry people?

I've sent a couple of (non-retarded) e-mails to hostmaster@iedr.ie over the last few months, and they've always been ignored.

Seems strange... Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭girldef

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hey,

Have any of you guys ever had any success e-mailing the Irish Domain Registry people?

I've sent a couple of (non-retarded) e-mails to hostmaster@iedr.ie over the last few months, and they've always been ignored.

Seems strange... Is this normal?
    I'd say so. The hostmasters don't deal with customers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

seamus wrote:
    I'd say so. The hostmasters don't deal with customers...

But if you look at the contact details on the IEDR webpage, they say -

Queries relating to registering or modifying domains should be submitted to hostmaster@iedr.ie

So, I kind of assumed they would deal with my query (which is related to registering or modifying domains.)

I'll try the customer relations one. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you email whoever you bought the domains through they would be in a better position to deal with your queries.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The only time I dealt directly with them I rang them and got it all done over the phone (which surprised me) so maybe its worth your while giving them a bell..in these days of email we all forget (and companies like us to forget) that sometimes we can get things done over the phone.. yea I know..old tech... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

They listen to faxes also if you want to try that way

Advertisement