Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions Fantasy League.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Theres also a champions league fantasy football game at http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/ - same format as the euro 2004 one and the fantasy.premierleague.com one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Boro wrote:
    Theres also a champions league fantasy football game at http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/ - same format as the euro 2004 one and the fantasy.premierleague.com one
    I've a team set up for this one, let me know if there is a boards.ie league set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Boro wrote:
    I have a team in that also.

Howard

Lucio
    Puyol
    Balde

Thompson
    Duff (c)
    Poborsky
    Pires
    Giuly

Saviola
    Henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

If you want the challenge of another managerial post, this time in Europe, this is the one to go for...... http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

As mentioned above, it's run on the same format as the Premiership league. However, it's a lot more difficult to choose players as we've never heard of a lot of them. Just adds to the challenge though!

I've taken the liberty of forming a private league for ourselves here, simply called Boards.ie, the entry code is 77253-14888

All aboard the Euro gravy choo choo... departing in a couple of days

Damo

I spent too much money on my midfield - not that you'd notice (Lampard as sub!) so my strikers are crap - should be a disaster :D

Van Steenberghe

Heitinga
    Lucio
    Bouma
    Yepes

Garcia (c)
    Gerrard
    Kaká
    Nedved

Sonck
    George

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Alright there, Brookie LFC is my team and I have joined the League.

Here ye go:-

Casillas

Jorge Andrade
    Roque Junior
    Cordoba
    Puyol

Nedved
    Poborský
    Gerrard(C)
    Davids

Shevchenko
    Cisse

Good Team I think IMHO

DamoRed wrote:
    it's a lot more difficult to choose players as we've never heard of a lot of them. Just adds to the challenge though!
    Not a lot of people know much about Celtic's players.

Hedman is the 3rd choice keeper yet he is chosen by more teams than the other 2 keepers. Laursen is nowhere near a first teamer and he is picked by over 5,000 teams. Lambert is Cetic's 2nd highest selected midfielder and he has hardly made the bench this season. Beattie selected in more teams than any other Celtic striker and he has only played 15 minutes of football this season even with Sutton out injured.

Also, to back up what Redspider was saying about the public's opinion on Duff and Robben. They both cost 9mil and even though Robben is out for another month he is selected by 4 times as many teams as Duff.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Not a lot of people know much about Celtic's players.

Hedman is the 3rd choice keeper yet he is chosen by more teams than the other 2 keepers. Laursen is nowhere near a first teamer and he is picked by over 5,000 teams. Lambert is Cetic's 2nd highest selected midfielder and he has hardly made the bench this season. Beattie selected in more teams than any other Celtic striker and he has only played 15 minutes of football this season even with Sutton out injured.

Also, to back up what Redspider was saying about the public's opinion on Duff and Robben. They both cost 9mil and even though Robben is out for another month he is selected by 4 times as many teams as Duff.
    Do you reckon Duff will be given a game in the CL matches? He hasn't figured much so far in the league. I hope he does but I wouldn't risk him as captain....

p.pete wrote:
    Do you reckon Duff will be given a game in the CL matches? He hasn't figured much so far in the league. I hope he does but I wouldn't risk him as captain....
    It looks very likely. He was given his first appearance for Chelsea just before the internationals and ran the Soton defence ragged. He had played 2 games in 4 days and since he's only back from injury Mourinho rested him aswell as Bridge and Gallas.

“Damien was tired, he had just played two games for his country and had played every minute of both games with Ireland,” revealed Mourinho, as reported in the Star on Sunday.

“I went to Dublin on Saturday to watch him and I know he played the full game against Switzerland.

“It has been a hard week on our players away on international duty and it did affect us ahead of this game.

“But I can say that Damien Duff and Wayne Bridge will be selected on Tuesday night.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't wait to see Duffer and Bridge playing against Paris, hopefully create something too. Hopefully Mourinho will realise that this Chelsea squad can tear teams to pieces if they are allowed, rather than playing everything up through the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

my team:

Marshell

Lucio
    Labant
    Carragher

Maniche
    Gerrard
    Rothen
    Van der Vaart
    Ballack

França
    Adriano

subs:
    Botviniev
    Wiltord
    Ooijer
    Basma

i thinl i will win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Ive got a team set up as well called St. Patski
    Current Team
    Toldo

Terry
    Lucio
    Yepes

Kaka
    Ballack
    Urbanek
    Farnerud
    Nedved

Shevchenko
    Adriano

Subs
    husby
    Junior
    George
    Labant

My team, Chocoholics, is as follows...

Rustu

Evra

Hyypia

Andrade

Maniche

Gerrard (C)

Van Der Vaart

Juninho

Ljungberg

Mista

Larsson

Subs

Van Steenberghe

Saviola

Balde

Hansen

I find it amazing the number of people who are spending large sums of money on players who are out injured for months. Two players that we know of here, Smicer, @ 7M and Aliadiere @ 8M, both have long term injuries. Yet 253 and 52 people respectively have decided to invest at least 7M on them.

We've mentioned the fact that people are stabbing in the dark on players we know are not going to play. But Smicer, Aliadiere and many others I don't know, are long term injuries and have red markers on their info boxes!!! It doesn't give details of the injury, whether long or short term, but if you don't know, I'd say it was a bit of common sense to steer clear and pick someone you know, instead of throwing away a huge amount of money.

Some people!!

Damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sofa King Utd. have entered the arena!!!

My Team:-

Dida

Roberto Carlos
    Zambrotta

Nedved
    Zidane
    Kaka
    Pires
    Giuly

Henry
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

BaZmO* wrote:
    Sofa King Utd. have entered the arena!!!

My Team:-

Dida

Roberto Carlos
    Zambrotta

Nedved
    Zidane
    Kaka
    Pires
    Giuly

Henry
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo

Is that team even possible :eek: Looks way over budget to me!!

Yeah, that's big time BULL! The team cannot be chosen as there are three players from Real Madrid on it and only two can be chosen from one club! Also, choosing players starting upfront, leaves a big fat zero left to buy anybody else beyond Zambrotta and Dida, Roberto Carlos being the 3rd Real player cannot be bought, so 5 players short.

I think we have a serious case of wishing on a star!

Mind your wallets lads, Bazmo could be dipping into them if you're not careful!

Damo

DamoRed wrote:
    Yeah, that's big time BULL! The team cannot be chosen as there are three players from Real Madrid on it and only two can be chosen from one club! Also, choosing players starting upfront, leaves a big fat zero left to buy anybody else beyond Zambrotta and Dida, Roberto Carlos being the 3rd Real player cannot be bought, so 5 players short.

I think we have a serious case of wishing on a star!

Mind your wallets lads, Bazmo could be dipping into them if you're not careful!

Damo

Chillax the pants there Damo!!! Of course I was taking the p1ss!!

Sure without subs, that team comes to over 108 million!

But it was nice of you to do the research into how the team wasn't possible.
    Well done you!! ;)

B.

Bazmo,

Sorry to see you took my piss take the wrong way, in response to yours. :D

Damo

Fantastic im top granted thats because most of my players played tonight and will will all overtake me tomorow but still im chuffed.

I have Henry as my captain but he wasn't credited with his assist in yesterday's game. Can someone confirm if he actually got the assist?

bbop is miles ahead already BTW.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    I have Henry as my captain but he wasn't credited with his assist in yesterday's game. Can someone confirm if he actually got the assist?

bbop is miles ahead already BTW.

AFAIK you don't get credited for an assist if an own goal is scored.

B.

Im top again bloody great matchday for me

Advertisement