Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+: Can't view recorded programs when not subscribed to channel

• 13-09-2004 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭

This is just an FYI to Sky+ subscribers who might change the subscribed package.

I signed up for Sky+ recently, availing of the half price installation by taking the top package (movies+sports) for the first month.
    On Saturday I changed by package to the one I really want. The movie channels disappeared immediately. Efficient, eh.

I had recorded a few films from Sky Movies channels but hadn't gotten around to watching all of them. When I went to watch them on Sunday the Sky+ box informed me that I had to subscribe to the channel.

What a frustrating 'feature'.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Nasty. I was just about to do the same as you, but I don't think I'll bother now... Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

also, when Sky+ loses signal you also cant view recorded programming which is a kick in the balls but doesnt happen all that often

but what if you were to record from lets say Sky Movies when your not a subscriber and then when you do subscribe can you watch all the recorded films

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Be aware that the same thing will happen if you cease your sub after the initial 12 months. Although you own the hardware all recorded programs are un-viewable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

This happens because the hard disk records the data stream in encrpyted form so will only play back what your card will decode.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement