Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mk5 Golf GTI

Options
  • 13-09-2004 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Was thinking of putting my name down (for a long wait) for a new Mk5 GTI.
    Anyone else thinking of doing the same??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Why bother, for the price you could get something with far more options and go. How much are they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I presume they will be around the €30K mark? I wouldn't preorder one before I tested it though. I was thinking of getting a MK IV Gti and I got to take a friends out a good few times and it pailed in comparison to my Mk II 1990 Golf Rallye. I ended up getting the Audi S3 instead and was much more pleased. Maybe you could order one of these if they are still available, and I'd say they are a bit cheaper as the MK II is out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yupyup,
    mk V is a disgrace to the name Golf
    It looks like the old golf mixed with a peugeot 307,
    i couldnt believe it when i saw it,after 30 years of an absoloute class looking car they went and f*cked it up,If your going for a golf get a mark IV,cheaper too,Mark IV all the way buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

*yawn* get a proper car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

just get the new A3, or wait for the new SEAT leon to come out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

The mark V is one of the worst incarnations of the golf you can get. Any real Golf GTi fan would try and source a mark 1 GTi in good condition, there are plenty around still .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Verdammt wrote:
    The mark V is one of the worst incarnations of the golf you can get

Make that the worst. I know taste is subjective, but there is one in the carpark in work and it looks just dreadful :(

How about a Seat Leon Cupra or a Skoda Octavia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

unkel wrote:
    Make that the worst. I know taste is subjective, but there is one in the carpark in work and it looks just dreadful :(

It's the bastard son of the Fiat Multipla

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Verdammt wrote:
    It's the bastard son of the Fiat Multipla

LOL - don't tell me who the mummy is :)

The Multipla (the original one, not the face-lifted current one) is so ugly, that it is quite appealing imho. Extremely practical with 2*3 seats and very good value for money as well, both new and second hand. Pair that with the JTD engine and you won't care being mocked....

....or maybe you would :)

Advertisement