Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with internet connection

• 13-09-2004 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭

i have a problem with internet explorer in windows me When I dial up to my internet provider which all goes fine I cannot access any web pages at all I keep getting the this page cannot be displayed message. :rolleyes: even though it is connected to the web etc.

Any ideas anyone? I've tried the usual crack resetting internet explorer, reinstalling the IP software and anything else I could think of to no avail.

Regards,

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Are you using the ISPs proxy server correctly?
    Are your DNS settings configured to the correct IP address of their DNS server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

how do i check these and any idea what they should be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

More than likely you are going through spy ware. Download Hijack this, do a search on google , and run adaware also. Might help you

Advertisement