Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish Motorshow, What did you think of it?

Options
  • 13-09-2004 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Irish Motorshow, What did you think of it?

I was at it on saturday.
    Was very impressed by the DB9 and vanquish, 2 very nice cars.
    Just caught the end of one of terry grant's shows, seemed good enough and went without trouble. Cant say that for the second show, he broke the MG and tried to fi it and then he tried using the TVR but he couldn't do his thing and eventually broke it to!
    The kit kars where pretty nice in my opinion, pitty about one of the Ferarri's not having an engine in it (Anyone notice that?).
    Liked the Jaquar stand, first time seeing a XJ220 and that other car (XJ13, i think) was nice to (only one in the world).
    Over all i taught it wasn't to bad, would have like to see a BMW, Audi, Merc stand and some more performance cars.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Overall I was quite impressed although the €15 admission was a bit steep for my liking. Nice getting to hop in and out of all the different cars. The Land Rover show was surprisingly good. Couldn't believe how well those Defenders coped with what was a very demanding course, those potholes were about 3feet deep! Oh and the noise from that TVR was someting else! Would def go again next year but have to agree with jozi, the show was lacking with the absence of Merc, BMW, Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Also shocked to see the Dublin registered Audi RS6 there, so understated and devastatingly quick and capable. Most people prob jus walked right by it even tho it wud give most of those ferraris and astons a run for their money around a cicuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

went on friday, was good alright, was fairly quiet when i was there, they were expecting ~30,000 people overall i think, anyone know how many actually went?, got free (trade) tickets through work :) , €15 wouldve been a bit steep alright although it was a tenner if you booked 'em in advance, the astons were class,look lovely in the pics but unbelieveable cars in the metal although wouldnt want to be sitting in the back of them, dont know why they even bothered putting back seats in them, you wouldnt be able to fit unless you actually had no legs!, Ferarri's and tvrs were sweet aswell.
    The stunt show was entertaining, few nice tricks performed alright
    i sure it will build up and get bigger and have more representation from the likes of bmw, audi etc in the future but any car fan wouldve had plenty to keep them occupied with what was there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Also shocked to see the Dublin registered Audi RS6 there, so understated and devastatingly quick and capable. Most people prob jus walked right by it even tho it wud give most of those ferraris and astons a run for their money around a cicuit.
    Forgot about the RS6 but was very surprised to see it there!
    €15 admission was a bit steep for my liking
    Most modded car shows are more so tought 15 was about right, 10 would have been better and prob would have pulled bigger crowds.
    the astons were class,look lovely in the pics but unbelieveable cars in the metal
    Only E 235,000,- to own the DB9, Can anyone give me the lend of a couple hundred euro to buy one!!

Jozi

Advertisement