Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best damn faculty!

• 13-09-2004 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

This is a combination of finding out who's in what faculty and everyone realising that science is the best damn faculty through a poll.

What's the Best Damn Faculty? 64 votes

Nerd Nation (Science)
    0% 0 votes
    Couldn't Get Into Science (Eng)
    35% 23 votes
    Great Unwashed (Ag)
    17% 11 votes
    Fake Tan Brigade (Arts)
    1% 1 vote
    Daddy's Gravy Train © (Law)
    31% 20 votes
    Aren't We Smart (Medicine)
    7% 5 votes
    Couldn't Get Into Med (Vet)
    6% 4 votes
    Money Grabbers R Us (Commerce)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gaijin

Errrm....who cares??...Really? Who gives a damn who is in what faculty and which is 'the best'...

how very childish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Gaijin are you in commerce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Shouldn't the descriptions for science and eng be switched around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Fake tan brigade is right - i've never seen so many botched jobs!do they really think it looks real?!

Science is the best -and i give a damn gai...whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

blondie83 wrote:
    Shouldn't the descriptions for science and eng be switched around?
    Quite you! I don't care the points are lower in Science, (gah! 320ish!), but somehow I came up with a fenidishly clever proof that justifies this obviously true statment, but... er... my dog ate it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

G'wan science!
    *puts nerd hat on, spins propeller and snorts while laughing*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

no category for interdisciplinary studies....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

no category for interdisciplinary studies....
    Oh yeah... Sorry about that.
    Well is there anyone else in the "Couldn't make up my mind (Interfaculty)"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i resent the fake tan statement, not everyone in arts is an idiot, waster or someone who couldn't think of what they wanted to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Seraphina wrote:
    i resent the fake tan statement, not everyone in arts is an idiot, waster or someone who couldn't think of what they wanted to do.
    Yeah Im in commerce, theres just as many wasters and daddys little angels here but we get a laptop so that pretty much did it for me

• Advertisement

Seraphina wrote:
    Sorry, there are also the cynical chicks who think that's it's cool to look pale and have black nailvarnish. Feel better Seraphina ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Syth wrote:
    Oh yeah... Sorry about that.
    Well is there anyone else in the "Couldn't make up my mind (Interfaculty)"?

Just vote Arts if you can't make your mind up. :D

cynical yes, but whats wrong with being pale? you make fun of the orange girls, and then make fun of the girls who have more sense.
    and i never wear nailvarnish, so i dont really know what you're on about. apparently there are some idiots out there who think that if im not orange, well then logically i must be a goth!

Seraphina wrote:
    apparently there are some idiots out there who think that if im not orange, well then logically i must be a goth!
    :eek: Where the hell did orange come from?.....if you are orange I suggest going to a doctor ;) There is nothing wrong with pale chicks, they are just as sexy as the fake tanners - except they are not fake.

orange = fake tan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yeah I agree that not all arts peole are oompa loompas (remember them!) but you have to admit that there is definately a higher proportion of them in arts than there is in other faculties.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

To say engineers are inferior to science........ unforgivable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Well tbh folks, id have to say that Medicine is by far the best faculty. I mean, we get our own stronghold in Earlsfort Terrace. We're the faculty which is MOST FREQUENTLY PUT AS No.1 choice on the CAO (FACT) but sad to say a lot of you guys don't get in. im not putting ye down or anything, but it has to be said that your major failing is that you're not us. Have fun down at the coal mines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

MatthewVII wrote:
    Well tbh folks, id have to say that Medicine is by far the best faculty. I mean, we get our own stronghold in Earlsfort Terrace. We're the faculty which is MOST FREQUENTLY PUT AS No.1 choice on the CAO (FACT) but sad to say a lot of you guys don't get in. im not putting ye down or anything, but it has to be said that your major failing is that you're not us. Have fun down at the coal mines.

you cock

MatthewVII wrote:
    I could have done medicine if I'd wanted to, but I chose not to. So how does that make us inferior to you?

• Advertisement

Inferior operating system, I bet you still havent upgraded either your sarcasm detector or ironic amplifier (both come as standard with fancy commerce laptops)

Seraphina wrote:
    cynical yes, but whats wrong with being pale? you make fun of the orange girls, and then make fun of the girls who have more sense.
    and i never wear nailvarnish, so i dont really know what you're on about. apparently there are some idiots out there who think that if im not orange, well then logically i must be a goth!
    that and your avatar

I could have done medicine if I'd wanted to, but I chose not to. So how does that make us inferior to you?

It makes you inferior cos in the future we'll control the world by inserting mind-controlling drugs into vaccine boosters.
    *laughs maniacally at untold possiblities whilst lightning strikes in the background*

As a mathematician, I will make it my mission to prove that's impossible. :p

erk, there go the mathematicians again destroying the magic of something by coldly and clinically proving it's impossible. It's so darn sadistic. why don't you just go to a Primary School and prove on the blackboard that Santa doesn't exist?

MatthewVII wrote:
    It makes you inferior cos in the future we'll control the world by inserting mind-controlling drugs into vaccine boosters.
    *laughs maniacally at untold possiblities whilst lightning strikes in the background*
    As a computer scientist I will make it my mission to make a giant killing machine robot warrior monster - with a freeking laser on it's head - to kick your scrawny medic ass :D:D;)

Ohh and I'll write annoying viruses which delete all your documents
    MHAAHAAHAHA :cool:

MatthewVII wrote:
    erk, there go the mathematicians again destroying the magic of something by coldly and clinically proving it's impossible. It's so darn sadistic. why don't you just go to a Primary School and prove on the blackboard that Santa doesn't exist?
    Watch me go and coldly prove that you're impossible. Then you won't exist. :p
    And btw Santa is a special case:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

there is no need to bring jolly old saint Nick into anything. That's going too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

As a computer scientist I will make it my mission to make a giant killing machine robot warrior monster - with a freeking laser on it's head - to kick your scrawny medic ass :D:D;)

Ohh and I'll write annoying viruses which delete all your documents
    MHAAHAAHAHA :cool:

Problem with that is that, no matter how much you test it, it'll *definitely* kill you at the demo stage. As a computer scientist, you should know that already, however ;)

• Advertisement

Watch me go and coldly prove that you're impossible. Then you won't exist. :p

Would I vanish in a puff of logic? No, of course not, because i have always been and i will always be (much like the enormous fish around which the universe revolves)

Advertisement