Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenage Kicks

• 13-09-2004 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

This is quite possibly the most cringe-worthy show I've ever seen in my entire life. Anybody who saw it on sky1 mix last night will know what Im talking about.

Basicly, teens are left at home on their own for a day, and cameras are recording their every move. To add to the embaressment, their mum and dad will be watching their every move, and trying to win money by guessing what their son/daughter would do in an usual situation.

i.e: Last night, a, how to put it, "hottest milf ever", according to the boy himself, arrived at his house, to pick up a blanket her daughter left there in his mums nursery. She asks for a back massage, and he complies. So later on, she arrives drunk, and the mother and father have to guess on if he'll get off with her or not. And he does. All over TV, to the few hundred thousand watching. While his dad laughs.

He also fancied himself as a model, and they sent over a fake photographer, who basicly had him dress up as a girl for the camera. Yes, his mums dress. The parents actually guessed he'd do this. His photo was passed around to all his friends, too.

When his parents got home, they asked him for a full run-down on the weekend. And fair play to him,he was honest enough about most things. The cam also watched him do embaressing things like fix his hair in the mirror, singing along with music etc.

Its all good and fun to make a fool out of someone, but this is taking it somewhat too far. The poor lad will be waking up in a cold sweat until he's 40. The show also seemed to be somewhat devoid of any humour. Im also fairly sure the boy was crushed when the camera crew arrived at his house,and he thought it was the modelling agency. Which was SOMEWHAT funny, but dark humour really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

there was a thread about this show already but I can't find it now. If may perents done that on me I would stab them 'till they were nearly dead then set them on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Kappar wrote:
    If may perents done that on me I would stab them 'till they were nearly dead then set them on fire.
    I'm sure Sky would dearly love to film that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

sceptre wrote:
    I'm sure Sky would dearly love to film that.
    But sceptre, think of the ratings!! :)

Is this not just another perfect example of the quality programming sky make?, if RTE made such quality programs as this I don't think anyone would complain about having to pay tv licenses :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Tellox wrote:
    "hottest milf ever"

To be fair, he was 100% spot on here :D

Though, I dread to think what the cameras didn't show after she left ;)

That aside, it was a pretty bad show.

Advertisement