Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai and Liffey Valley Centre Warning!

Options
  • 13-09-2004 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

If you own a Hyundai and use the carparking at the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre beware, the are scangers patrolling the carparks in a gold coloured Rover 200 series looking for Hyundai as they are easy to force open with a screwdriver. One guy parks besides a Trajet, Santa Fe etc and jimmies the lock then drives away, then his acomplice jumps in the pulls the hi-fi head unit which is easy to pop out and nicks anything else handy.

So far this is happening in the B&Q section, security know who the scumbags are as do the police but they are'nt interested in doing anything.

Considered yourself warned!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I heard that on liveline today and it wasn,t solely Hyundais either one guy had his merc done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Muppet wrote:
    I heard that on liveline today and it wasn,t solely Hyundais either one guy had his merc done.

Thats where I heard it (prolly should have given them a mention!) Did'nt hear the Merc bit though.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    Thats where I heard it (prolly should have given them a mention!) Did'nt hear the Merc bit though.

Mike.

Liveline listeners Showing our age eh mike. As you say the item was about Hyundis being done and all except one caller were hyundi owners. Apparently hyundais come with easily removeable pioneer stereos that are fetching 50 yo yo's a pop in the local pubs .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Right - who's on for forming a possee?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Hyundai supply high quality Pioneer stereo units. Its obvious there highly desirable items!

The owners should remove the front faces and prevent the crime!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Lawdie wrote:
    Hyundai supply high quality Pioneer stereo units. Its obvious there highly desirable items!

The owners should remove the front faces and prevent the crime!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had my pioneer stereo stolen from my Colt in Liffey Valley a few months ago - he was caught on the camera in a Fiat Punto - guards couldnt do anything about it though coz they didnt recognise me.

I think Liffey Valley is bad for break-ins no matter what you're driving - when I reported it to the guards they said that Liffey Valley is renowned for it - they just dont bother doing anything about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They didn't recognise you? What? You mean they couldn't see his face or something? The dude that fitted my phone kit said that they break into the car even if the face is taken off as 95% of the people just keep it in the glove box anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

That is the one and only reason why I don't go to Liffey Valley. Sad, in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

This was on adrian kennedy on FM104 last night as well...

The scumbags that were doing this were on the show bragging about how easy it was to do...

Some people are idiots though for leaving expensive items in the car in full view... I know its a sad day when we cant leave our cars from being 'raped' by scumbags but thats the society we live in unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,392 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Had the front passenger's door lock damaged with a screw driver while parked there last year :(

Why do they bother? They (scum / knackers - not professional thieves aiming for high value cars) should know they will not be able to drive away in an immobilised vehicle. They can see there is no front on the stereo or the stereo is factory fitted and no use in other cars :rolleyes:

Not half as bad as Blanch though - personally witnessed 2 daylight carpark robberies out there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

been going up to blanch since day 1, never seen nor heard of a break-in!! My brother keeps getting his dust caps nicked...thats about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Jammer wrote:
    been going up to blanch since day 1, never seen nor heard of a break-in!!
    same here...news to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

unkel wrote:
    Not half as bad as Blanch though - personally witnessed 2 daylight carpark robberies out there...
    Did you do anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Just to balance up the Liffey Valley side of the argument again, I personally witnessed a big guy in a new CLK speed up behind these two tracksuits who were walking across the (mostly empty) car park just before closing. He got out, grabbed one of the two and repeatedly kicked him in the head while his mate legged it. The guys wife and small kid were watching from the CLK. From what I could gather from the dialogue between the two, in between punches, kicks and roared expletives, the young scums had slagged the richer scums wife while inside the shopping centre.

Eventually the so-called security jeep that circles the place arrives with its lights flashing. The rotund rentacop jumped out and immediately went for the guy that was in the process of being assaulted, rather than the merc driver, and gave him a few digs himself.

Mercedes new owner vetting procedures aren't what they used to be.

Advertisement