Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Societies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's 100% true.
    And we still have the 1024MB of FTP space, always a good reason to join!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Lisapeep wrote:
    Is it true that someone had to go to hospital last year after drinking that blue flavour stuff from Netsoc?
    AFAIR it was 2 people.
    Lisapeep wrote:
    I'd say Netsoc membership is down this year now that the free text thing is no longer a novelty!
    Not a novelty/Not existing :)
    Thought the new netsoc machine crashes like bejesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Exterminator

Sparks wrote:
    *coughs politely and recommends joining the UCD Rifle Club*

After all, you lot will need some decent shooters this year to win the intervarsities against Trinity...
    Not a problem, now that the LNA has adopted UCD as its dublin base UCD has all the experienced marks men it needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Not a problem, now that the LNA has adopted UCD as its dublin base UCD has all the experienced marks men it needs.
    I thought you would have to be a UCD student though to join the rifle club and to play in the rifle competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

That's 100% true.
    And we still have the 1024MB of FTP space, always a good reason to join!

That means nothing to most people. I was considering joining but didnt have a clue what that meant or how it would benefit me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Lisapeep wrote:
    That means nothing to most people. I was considering joining but didnt have a clue what that meant or how it would benefit me!
    Right MB is a measure of computer space. here are some examples:
    1 Floppy Disk = 1.4 MB
    The amount of space on your H: drive = 50 MB
    1 Crappy USB disk key things computer services were giving out = 64 MB
    1 CD = 700 MB
    Netsoc = 1024 MB
    1 DVD = 4,000 to 8,000 MB (about)

So you can store a lot of stuff on netsoc. It's good to have more than one copy of something. You don't want to lose the floppy disk with the project you've spent the last2 months working on! But if you have a copy on your netsoc account you're less at risk. Having said that the netsoc machine has crashed for about the last week, so currently there is basically no service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Lisapeep wrote:

Yes , I think there plan was to shower the public with nerd lingo so as only to attract fellow nerds, Cause the last thing a netsoc person wants is to have (dare i say it) ordinary people! using netsoc!

Syth wrote:
    1 Crappy USB disk key things computer services were giving out = 64 MB
    You can buy a gig memory stick now for 128 euros. Crappy if you lose it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

for 128 euros you could stretch the extra bit and get a mini ipod for about 230ish (i think) with 4-5 gigs and the benifit of a nifty portable song collection and still be able to save things on it

• Advertisement

True. Thinking of getting an mp3 player. I'd rather go for a normal sized ipod than the mini sized one, since there's not really a significant size difference for what you're your paying for. The iriver looks quite good as well.

Advertisement