Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner nights/tables at the Fitzwilliam

Options
  • 13-09-2004 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,

I have been playing friendly games (is there any such thing?) of Texas Holdem at home for a few months. Would it be adviseable to try my hand in the Fitzwilliam on a limited amount table?

If so, would anyone be able to tell me what nights I could play with other beginners for between 20 - 30 euro. Can you just turn up at the Fitzwilliam for these type of games?

Thanks in advance,
    Edmundo.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thursday is the big beginners night from 9pm onwards, but if you wander in from 6 on Thursday - Sunday there are Sit and Go tables (5-10 euro one-table tournaments) which are friendly. Ask Luke Ivory (the floor manager) to give you an introduction or any of the dealers (BrendanB from Boards is a dealer there and often runs these games). If I'm around (and lets face it, its now my second home at this stage!) I'm more then happy to teach you the ropes and take your money in a S'n'G!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

Thanks DeVore will do! Will you be around on Friday between 6-7?

BTW, would anyone know a decent website that would explain things like Re-buy's, Top-up's, Switching tables, etc... before I take the plunge???

Muchos Gracias!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I will be WINNING my BSOP heat on Friday! But BrendanB is usually in the Fitz, dealing. And Luke Ivory teaches newbies sometimes too.

There are some great links in the stickys at the top of the forum.

Its only a tenner game and its REALLY relaxed (its generally played by newbies and hardcore cash gamers waiting for their game to form) so its fairly low key.

I'll be in there Thursday from 5ish most likely!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Edmundo wrote:
    Thanks DeVore will do! Will you be around on Friday between 6-7?
    I might be around for some SnG action before the 50+50 game later that evening. If anyone requests a sit and go, Luke or someone will usually start rounding up some likely suspects. These can range from new players/hi stakes cash games players, to dealers to pit bosses, anything to make up the numbers.

Don't worry about not being sure of blinds etc, someone will shout at you when its your turn to post the big blind (in a nice way of course.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

Thanks lafortezza. See you there. I can't wait it should be good craic.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement