Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turn On Sky News! Batman Has Returned!

• 13-09-2004 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭

hahahaha some guy is standing on the doorway to buckingham palace dressed in a batman suit! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

FFS the TVcable just wnt :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

For fathers rights fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tosser! The cause is a good one but the campaign renders it a joke.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

He's been there 4 hours now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

He's getting uk/ireland maybe even world coverage for his cause well done to him (could of done with out the batman suit though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

K091305AU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

there's a funny thread on urban75... asking who's more hardcore? anarchists, trucking drivers or Fs4J?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I noticed it while i was looking through the channels... I dont know what and why is he doing it?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Well in fairness if he wasnt dressed up as batman the very first news reports would've been "OMFG TERRORIST AAAAAGH" so it at least makes that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

LOL I can't help but think of Only Fools and Horses! Delboy and Rodney coming out of the mist....Dananana DADA DADA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Tbh the campaign was / is never taken seriously by anyone. Noone, press or governemt give a toss about Parental Equality. At least this puts them on the map, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Cant belive not many people have replied to this... and not even a spark of discussion about it in the #boards.ie chan.

Fair play to him tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Here's robin.

1239884.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    actually mike if you think about it...its a good campaign.
    recently Michael Howard took note in one of his speeches granted he's looking for votes, but the batman, superhero thing they have going on makes them easily identifiable as fathers for justice and very non-threatening in their cause, what I mean by that if if some normally dressed guy got up on buckingham palace today then he'd be taken as a nutcase or "deluded" "disturbed" individual rather than taking the whole thing lightly but realising that the cause is a serious one. They have made their mark with the media and will be easily recognisable for any future campaign's, which according to a member of their group today, won't involve costumes or climbing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

imo its the batman suit that is getting him all the coverage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

why has batman got the 60's tv series costume and robin the slick naughties version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

How did they get him down in the end? I presume he's still not up there, right? He'll be freezing his little bat droppings off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well I suppose Liam Lawlor has to do his best at paying his tribunal fees. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Imagine that you get married. She seems sane. Then the babby comes along. She wont let you touch him. She disappears with your kid. You catch up. Goes to court. She says you're mad, a danger. The judge agrees. Bring it to the family court. Suddenly you realise Fathers have NO rights.

Sounds weird I know but that's the F'up system we live in.

Luckily that's not my life story but the story of a friend of mine.

Put yourself in that situation and ask yourself is there any outfit you wouldn't wear to see your kid, or any ledge you wouldn't stand on.

Easy to make fun, terrible hard to put yoursel in that position, I suppose.

It's easy to make a joke of someones elses plight.

Ireland of the welcomes ;(*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm.

"My dad is Batman. Look at him there on TV."

Being arrested. Fly batman. FLY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think the danger was there Mike, that this would be seen to undermine the cause. But as usual, Sky News actually helped them out by providing constant coverage and bringing on nutjobs to make wild statements and side everyone with the cause. For example, they had one wacko on, trying to argue the logic that a breach of security is an attack, and an attack on Buckingham Palace is terrorism, ergo he's a terrorist.

Definitely a much better strategy than their last one. Remember when someone threw purple dust over the UK parliament? That was them. It put them on the map, but made people wary of their tactics.

Advertisement