Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMS problems with vodafone

Options
  • 13-09-2004 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I upgraded from ready to go to postpay with vodafone last week, and have since been unable to send MMS messages.
    The phone gives me the following information:
    Error Status:
    Network communication error.
    Error Report from Server:
    Unknown subscriber

I'm on a Sharp GX30 and have checked all the settings that they are the same as vodafone's website and have gone through them all with vodafone's customer service, but no luck. Any ideas? Does anyone know what that error message suggests?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Thats strange alright. I'm pretty sure that the Voda settings are the same for both pre and post pay customers. You might have to call customer care and get them to make sure that you are provisioned for MMS. Maybe your GPRS access points were reset when you changed over to post pay. Just ask them to check that MMS is provisioned on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Verify that the handset settings are correct..

If so, call Vodafone and ask them to ensure that you are set us as a postpaid customer on their MMSC. It is possible it did not change over from RTG fully during the migration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nokiaguy

ive being having the same problems with my gx30. i finally got an answer yesterday, there is a network problem with all vodafone sharp phones when sending or recieving mms. i was told that it would be fixed by the end of next week.

Advertisement