Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike Helmets and Locks

Options
  • 13-09-2004 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could let me know of a website or shop that does good quality but relatively cheap helmets and locks.
    Which are the best locks?
    What brands of helmets are good?
    Im interested in all your opinions.
    So far i was thinkin of the nitro range,are they any good?
    Price range 50-125 euro for helmet and 10-30 on a lock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You're better off not buying helmets over the web, unless you've tried them out in a shop previously, and know exactly what brand, model and size you want.

Everyone has a different shaped head, so for most people, only a couple of different brands will have a comfortable, safe fit..

Having said that, I've just ordered from www.heingeriche.de in Germany (web-site is in German too!). I'm buying the same helmet as I had previously, s I know which size etc.. and it's about 130 euro than the local distributor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

TBH mate, if you're spending that kind of money on a lid or lock you wont be getting quality. Cheap and quality are opposite ends of the scale. Arai/Sheoi etc are the leaders in the market, there are tons of mid priced helmets, best to try em and see what fits best. , save a bit more and get something in the 170-200 mark at least.

As for locks 30quid will buy you a fair-good disklock only. If the bike if to be kept in dublin you NEED a BFO chain and padlock and an ABUS Granite or equivalent will set you back 150+ quid. Remember a locks no good if you dont use it religiously and lock it to something heavy. You can get an immitation lock (like the Magnum brand) for 1/3 the price of the ABUS/Oxford stuff, it'll look the part but its not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭2142

you really dont want to buy a nitro helmet. Its one case where you really do get what you pay for. I bought one last year. Since then the safety clip has broke twice, the clip for the lining has come off and the nose piece has come apart. They are also very big and leave it hard to see behind you. I agree that ARAI and Shoei are the best but they are expensive too. It depends on how much you value your head. If you are looking for a decent midrange helmet I would look at Shark, Suomy or AGV. Try one on in a local shop and do a search for it on the net.

Advertisement