Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Task manager problems

Options
  • 13-09-2004 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

When I press ctrl+alt+del i'm only getting a very basic task manager. Much different to the usual one. No tabs on the top. Only a list of the processes running. Even to exit Task manager I have to end the process within itself which is most annoying. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

procexp - (sysinternals) nice replacement for taskmgr.exe

have you replaced the file.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Eglinton wrote:
    When I press ctrl+alt+del i'm only getting a very basic task manager. Much different to the usual one. No tabs on the top. Only a list of the processes running. Even to exit Task manager I have to end the process within itself which is most annoying. Any ideas anyone?
    Umm i think all u can have to do is double click on the border of the window. Yeah better off googling these things first like dahamsta said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Thank you dahamsta for your narrow minded and frustrating response. These forums are supposed to be helpful when people have a problem.
    Thank you Webmonkey for your much more balanced approach. Although with respect its a more serious problem that that. Its throwing up errors and freezing the system for a while. Some piece of hardware seems to have corrupted something when it was installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Eglington, what errors are getting displayed?

Can you coy the text of the error in here and we can have a look?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thank you dahamsta for your narrow minded and frustrating response. These forums are supposed to be helpful when people have a problem.
    These forums are supposed to be helpful when people have a problem that can't be fixed via a simple Google search. You'll get more polite answers when you have a little courtesy for your fellow users, who have better things to do than research these minor issues. If you had further issues after having corrected that problem, then you should have posted asking for help.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

I have the utmost courtesy for fellow users. No one is obliged to reply to my posts.

ColmOT, I'll have a look this evening and let you know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You could try running 'sfc /scannow' in Run command to restore system files. perhaps its currupt. also check msconfig startup tab to see unusual things starting. To run that type msconfig in run and hit enter.

Advertisement