Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded Psu

Options
  • 13-09-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just finished moddin my Psu. took off FDD power leads and only left the required
    amount of Power supplies i.e. CDRW DVDROM, HDD, GFX and fan controller.

Stupid Q-tec PSU's have the old mobo connectors on them aswell so chopped them off aswell.

I used the sleeves off some old sharkoon Ide cables.

Hope to get my hands on a New Targan 380W so i decided to experiment on this
    one to see how hard it was and with great success i will be doing the same to my Targan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Good stuff David you haven't blow up anything I'm impressed! Only messing ;) it looks very good indeed but cutting off wiring from a PSU which in the future you may need does not strike me as the best idea. Still looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Good stuff David you haven't blow up anything I'm impressed!

LOL !!

Just make sure you put some tape arround the ends you have snipped off, if the Wires make contact then you could have nasty burning smell comming from the PSU / Blow something / Alot of smoke......... but its only a Q-Tec so who cares right ?

Looks nice, did you get your CPU workin?

Advertisement