Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb in Waterford

• 13-09-2004 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Following an enquiry I made to Digiweb yesterday I've been told that they are launching their wireless broadband service in Waterford city this Friday, the 17th. The transmitter is on the water tower near St Patrick’s Hospital on John's Hill.

Don't think I'll be able to get because it requires a line of sight to the site "from, at the most, 10 feet above your roof" and I have some fairly tall trees behind my house, but I just thought I'd let you lot know. You can order online at www.digiweb.ie and installations will "initially take up to two weeks", apparently.

Glenn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Hey Glenn,

Am in Waterford Myself...

Cant believe they are putting the transmitter on the water tower...surely thats going to limit their customer orders...why not put it on the Mount Sion Pylon?

Oh well...sure they have their reasons

Netz

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Surely this is only one of two ariel placements?
    I can see why digiweb are putting it there, to cover most of the town it'll do the job, to cover the estates outlying the town however it will not..

Advertisement