Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Links Re: College, Grants, Loans and getting on well in College

• 13-09-2004 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well as said, I'll start of with one for people heading to the UK. It's with regard to assistance with fee paying.

www.dfes.co.uk

John
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Lioness

handy website for selling and buying used college books...

http://www.schoolbookexchange.ie

Grants for 2005/2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Lioness wrote:
    handy website for selling and buying used college books...

http://www.schoolbookexchange.ie
    thanks for that; pity i didnt know bout it last year, spent €52 on a book, i could have gotten for €17, barelt used it!! ill use it to sel the book probably

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Dunno if this is common Knowledge but i only found it out recently. Well the Rent1 form, i lived on the P50 claim back

Ok the Rent 1-Tax relief for tenants,in simple speak is for claiming back your tax from rented accomadation while you were a student. You will need the rented accomodation PPS/Tax Number,the amount you paid and all the finer details(read the form) of the place you rented during college.

Download it here in interactive PDF form.
    Info here on your entitlements and how the Rent 1 form works .........etc.....

The P50 is a wonderful form and is very easy to use. It basically entitles students to claim back the TAX that they are paying while working when they are classed as a full time student. You will need your P45 from the employers that you wish to claim back the TAX that was deducted over your most recent time of work.

Download it here in interactive PDF form.
    Info here on your entitlements and how the P50 works .........etc.....

There is loads more info,just google it and happy saving

nukem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 S4S

I hope someone finds this useful for software at student prices.

http://www.software4students.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

For a part-time job during your studies check out http://www.studentjobs.ie

(Thanks Lump.)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

For Student travel : www.collegelink.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 carraisking87

Hi Guys,

I am due to start a post graduate course in D.I.T this coming September (2010). The cost of the course was pretty steep , about 10 k to be exact, and i decided to search for means of funding. I was lucky enough to uncover a scholarship that was available in my area , the diageo scholarship. I have been invited for an interview which is how they decide who will receive the funding. I have no idea what to be expect and I am kind of freaking out about it. Has anyone ever done one of these interviews before? What is the dress code?? Any tips or hints?? Cheers for the help in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Hi Guys,

I am due to start a post graduate course in D.I.T this coming September (2010). The cost of the course was pretty steep , about 10 k to be exact, and i decided to search for means of funding. I was lucky enough to uncover a scholarship that was available in my area , the diageo scholarship. I have been invited for an interview which is how they decide who will receive the funding. I have no idea what to be expect and I am kind of freaking out about it. Has anyone ever done one of these interviews before? What is the dress code?? Any tips or hints?? Cheers for the help in advance. :)

This should probably be in a new thread. Way more likely to get useful answers there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 carraisking87

agreed ... i tink ill move it too there .. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Dunno if this is the right place, but here's a blog post with advice and tips for dropping out of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nizyou

There is very good place for college grants information.

Advertisement