Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need Advice

Options
  • 13-09-2004 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Im Going to sign Up for a Web masters Coruses This Month But I need To Know If It Is Worth It. The Course Web Masters level 1 Cost $1,995 for the 1st course 2nd course web master level 2 cost 2,995 Its In Dublin. www.iact.ie. What Do You Guys Think is it Worth It?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

the internet allows you to learn everything about it for free.

here's a tutorial to start you off and there are literally thousands like it all around the internet:

http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/authoring/

That said, it is definately beneficial to have someone instructing you and answering your questions.

If you are motivated enough you can learn it by yourself, however it will take longer and you will of course make lots of mistakes, but thats part of the fun.

Fas offer a Web Page Design (Intro) - Evenings class for around €200 check out their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

5 K sounds like a lot of money, but I suppose you could claw it back on the first couple of jobs.

It really depends on how fast you learn, if you have a budget of 5K you could consider getting a tutor on a daily basis doing a “one on one” for about 250 a day.
    A good instructor should have you doing the basics of Dreaweaver in a day. When you’ve practiced the basics for a week or so bring the tutor back for another one day’s training to cover the intermediate stuff.

When you are confident enough (after a couple of weeks of practice) bring him/her back to cover some dynamic stuff like cgi and php, say another two days. This way you would have only spent a grand.

If you’re motivated enough, this is a better option. However, if your not completed committed then IACT (classroom environment) may be the way to go.

Advertisement