Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbitte backs rigged referendum!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

If you supported the war on iraq on human rights grounds, them i take it that you were opposed to The US giving support to sadaam during the Iran-Iraq war during the 1980s.

Totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

.. What age are you, arcadegame2004?

24 and yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What happened to the "Get a Room!" Gathering card???

Or did I dream it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

i am amazed i actually agree with arcadegame on something
    its a scary feeling

the referendum was rigged
    russia should not be in chechnya

personally iam opposed to any country that trys to build an empire
    wether its america russia britain china indonesia spain france
    or anyone else
    my own guess as to why people seem to be more concerned about america would be that we hear more about it and we expect more from the home of the brave and the land of the free
    really we are not that suprised to learn that russia is bombing civilians decimating chechnya rigging referendums censuring newspapers limiting civil liberties

while no one could condone what happened in that school it is not really that surprising
    given the treatment that chechnya has received at the hands of the russians it is not unusual for people in that position to lash out wildly and usually at soft targets

not really surprising that rabbitte would accept the referendum given his past
    after all putin was kgb
    probably helped rabbitte and his pals with their printing business

• Advertisement

Okay I have emailed the Labour Party on this and the following response was given by them:

Thanks for the e-mail about Pat Rabbitte's comments on Chechnya on Q&A.
    I have now had an opportunity to discuss this with Deputy Rabbitte and
    he has asked me to respond that he had not intention of legitimizing
    the
    referendum but was simply asserting that there was no possible
    legitimization for the
    The indefensible slaughter of children.

Thank you for the web-reference.

Yours truly,
    Mike Allen
    General Secretary

I thank the Labour Party for their reply, and I am pleased that they are not trying to legitimise a rigged vote.

Advertisement