Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Beat of the Centuary

Options
  • 14-09-2004 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Heads up at the end of the 7.5k Guaranteed on VC, its myself and a good tight player called Gary something. 1st Prize is 2.7k, 2nd is around 1.9lk. I raise preflop with 44, and he calls. When he called I put him on AK, AQ: any high pocket pair and he would of reraised. Flop comes up rag, 7, 5. He bets and I go all in. He calls with pocket 5's for a set of 5's. Turn is a 6 and river is an 8 giving me a runner runner straight!

Funnily enough I lost to a hand with one out recently heads up at the end of the same tounnament, this must be payback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Well done Hector. Everyone needs a touch of luck to help them out from time to time. I wonder where the other guys moniter is right now?? Probably in the front garden after he lashed it through his window. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

That's terrible harsh on the other guy. :)

It's the kind of thing you need though to win or finish runner up in a tournament (rather just place well) I've found. Particularily the massive online ones.

I think I've a pretty good record in the online MTTs but any of them I've finished 1st to 3rd in I've nearly always spiked a bad beat in my favour at some point, not always to double through but still.

Well except for one in which I won every single coin toss during the course of the tournament. Something like seven of them after I became a big stack. That was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

DapperGent wrote:
    That's terrible harsh on the other guy. :)

It's the kind of thing you need though to win or finish runner up in a tournament (rather just place well) I've found. Particularily the massive online ones.

I think I've a pretty good record in the online MTTs but any of them I've finished 1st to 3rd in I've nearly always spiked a bad beat in my favour at some point, not always to double through but still.

Well except for one in which I won every single coin toss during the course of the tournament. Something like seven of them after I became a big stack. That was deadly.
    I had that last night in a 20$ Turbo SnG on Ladbrokes. I won every all-in I was involved in bar one, even though most of them were pretty much coin tosses. Then in the heads-up my opponent dissconnected for about 3 hands which I took advantage of :). Got 100$ for my efforts!

Well done Hector that's a nice win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Heads up at the end of the 7.5k Guaranteed on VC, its myself and a good tight player called Gary something. 1st Prize is 2.7k, 2nd is around 1.9lk.

well done fella!

what was the buy in for that tournie or did you win a satellite? were there rebuys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

karlh wrote:
    well done fella!

what was the buy in for that tournie or did you win a satellite? were there rebuys?

Its a 27$ rebuy tournament, I rebought once and topped up at the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DapperGent wrote:

Up until that point I never got lucky, but I didnt get unlucky repeatadly.

Advertisement