Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording a DVD issue

Options
  • 14-09-2004 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Tried to Copy a DVD with my new DVD rewriter I copyed 4.1 gb on to my harddrive a few nights a go and some thing happened that the Copy failed (im using Nero) now there is 4.1 gb of a dvd on my laptop that I cant find.

Where are this files stored I have tried searching for the file but to no avail

has any one else had this problem and how did you fix it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

The files are probably in a hidden folder, the most likely location is in your profile folder, which is at c:\documents and settings
    If you recorded a DVD onto your hard disk, then you will have a few files ending with the extension .vob these will be 1024MB or 1GB in size. You can search for your files by size too. Make sure you choose to search in hidden folders.

I'd normally use the free DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org) to rip and decode a dvd onto hard disk, then nero to burn it back. Using DVD Shrink is easy and allows you to deselect menus, additional languages, commentaries and other trailers etc from your DVD. This reduces the size of the original content to fit onto a standard dvd-5 (4.7GB). If the final size is too big, DVDShrink can add more compression to make it fit. It's excellent and it's free. Get it before the studios rip it apart.

Cheers
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

cheers Howard i will check that out when i get home, so it may be in a hidden file bloody hell it was wrecking my head as I only have a couple of meg left on my lappie until I get rid of it or burn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Nero shouldn't hide a folder. If you copied it to a particular folder on your HD, then it should still be there.

If you used Nero to do a 'direct copy', then maybe it's cached somewhere like
    C:\DOCUME~1\<user>\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\

You can find this path in Nero Burning ROM->File->Preferences->Cache tab

I dont know where the hell i copied it too , I will have to check

Hi guys tried all the above and i still cant find the file (head wrecker) and one else out there with any similar problems that may be able to help me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭MazdaMan

Have you tried searching by date, set date to day before and day after you copied the file. Set advanced search options to search in hidden files. Also was Nero set to save in the *.img format if so try searching with this extension.

Cheers Mazdaman for your suggestion . .... I have tried every thing my lappie is Now knackered I tried to download some stuff last night and i have no memeory left need this sorted asap

Advertisement