Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend of mir

Options
  • 01-08-2001 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Just whated to know if anyone here is playing legends of mir and what they think of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I have played it for 5 hours and think it's the sh*t. I love this game already. biggrin.gif I am on LV6 with my warrior and on Lv7 with my wizard now and will play again on saturday. As long as this game is here, i will be happy biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭pol

I have a lvl 8 warrior, it's not a bad game smile.gif anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yea I've been playing it for a while.
    When your only starting off it can be very boring.. I'm lvl 11 warrior now.. i have short sword and iron sword they are really cool weapons..
    It is still in beta testing atm i'd say it will be real popular when it's released.. there was new patch out for it on monday..

when you get to a higher level, you can start a guild (or join one) it is really cool you can fight strong demons, and you get more respect from ppl,
    and i hear u can have guild wars!!
    excellet game i encourage ppl to try it

What is now was once only imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭linkin

i played it for a while and have come to think that its a absolutly ****e game,worst i've ever played,if you wana play a good role playing game buy Ultima Online,but legend of mir is a terrible game

Linkin u can't really comment on it you only played it to level 3..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The game appears to me (after many hours sitting beside people as they played it for want of something better to do) to be an extremely tedious affair involving buying potions to smack monsters to get exp and repeat ad nauseum. But some people seem to like it. Vinny, one of the DNC staff is a level 26 wizard if memory serves..

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Any links available?

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

In september you will have to pay for the privilege to play.

5 Euros a month i believe.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

Review of my players on Legend of Mir:

Wizard: Level 10 {on 60% exp also}
    Warrior:Level 4 {on 40% exp}
    thought i was higher up eith warrior but no, i'm not frown.gif P.S. Dr_Teeth, he is on lvl 26 wizard and farley said he has a monster list of spells with him....**** THAT, i have a pitiful fireball frown.gif, does the job on zombies while mining. AND FOR ALL THE MIR PLAYERS:

What is the highest ore you've gotten, mine is silver ore purity 16, and iron ore purity 22.

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me where to download the update? the legend of mir site does not support broken downloads frown.gif and I can't do much with out the update. plz help!

P.S. still lvl 8 frown.gif

80MB of the update is WAV's (i know it should be mp3's and i asked why not but the guys would not answer me), but you can DL the no sound upgrade patch.

[forgot to add] "no sound patch" just means you will have the old sound's for creatues and baddies that were in the original game download[/forgot to add]

only 16MB without WAV's.

Legend of Mir FTP

Gameonline.it FTP

NGI.it FTP

I used flashget and they could all resume

NGI was the fastest servers though.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 08-08-2001).]

Thanks m8,

I think I get that one gozilla is starting to cause me problems.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    In september you will have to pay for the privilege to play.

5 Euros a month i believe.

</font>
    5 euros??? thats good value for a months play
    It must be by bank payment only though right?
    coz we don't exactly use euro's now do we!!!

they also fixd the bugs so now you can actually use black ore to enhance your weapons.I'll go check to see where and will post in a few mins.

ok, you go to the blacksmith in Sabuk and he will do it for ya. You can also take over the town by challenging a guild that runs the town and stop people coming in.....F*****g class idea.

yep, its great value, i stopped playing about a week after it launched, only got thr Taoist to level 8 but im back in the swing now.
    smile.gif

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

We should see about 100 people on the servers once its paying time.

I'll still pay for the game!!!! smile.gif

Well,i'll play it more and rite a review on it.

• Advertisement

go to www.rpgplanet.com/mir for a lot of stuff about mir and there IS a forum like boards there so what are you waiting for!!!!

I'd say this game is gonna be popular alright.. but who told you that you have to pay 5 euros/month to play it when it's released? I'm not for paying to play games online.. but I think it would seperate the newbies from the serious players alright..

BTW Vinny (who works in dnc) is lvl 28 now.. There are only 3 or 4 ppl in the world who are better than him..

Taking over towns is a good idea.. I know the ppl who own sabuk wall atm (digital devils), I think you should be able to take over Bichon etc.. I took over Mongchon there tonight with 4 guys.. basically we charged PKers (person killers, like TKers in CS) 7k to get out or we would kill them and then we split the money..

-Repli (lvl 15 wizard, lvl 11 warrior)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

RPG's don't have a scoreboard.

However a lot of people play it that way. For example AC. I've met people who just sit in a particular dungeon all day just so they can get to higher levels quicker, instead of exploring the land. In fact most of them haven't even been to most of the lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

I've seen people play this game in DNC and it seems to be quite good for a game in beta stage. just a few questions, is there a plot to this game? do you have a goal or do you just keep playing to be the best wizard/warrior/thief etc? can you open up brothels once you take over the town? smile.gif

adnans

No.. Mir used to be inhabited by all sorts of creatures then a strange force gave special skills to humans (they were feeble beforehand), it gave them special warrior, wizard or taoist skills,..

Hmm basically you have to become the best.. you get the chance to rule land.. very much like medieval times.. there is no set 'goal' to the game.. it will always be updated with new areas of land, new skills to learn, new weapons..

Its an epic adventure..

Hello matts bro biggrin.gif

I have been playing the game a bit more now....2 times a week, and i am finding it alot easier. I now go to the natural caves to get good exp from bone fighters and scorpions. I am now a lvl 13 wizard and nearly have repulsion and e-shock to lvl 1. The game is very popular for an RPG in beta test, i always see people playing each time i go by dnc. I asked vinny about his lvl and he is still 28, nearly 29....i think he's in Zuma temple all the time. I now use my army of chickens to help me, they got out of hand in this 328Kpic go my chickens go A lot of people are getting alot better at this game and i don't mind about the pay-to-play scheme they have, i'll pay to get a game.

[This message has been edited by Death Sentence (edited 17-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

lol l33t pic smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

when you statr it can be really boring walking aroun killing chickens and selling them but stick with it,it only really comes alive when your level 7 r so!an when you play with a few frnds helpn each other out ect,class game and very addictive!

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

MIR

I liked it at first but when you reach a point when you ask yourself, what the fcuk is the point to this game. hrmmmmm nothing wonder around village to village town to town killing oma's, deers, etc building up experience for nothing, just so you can buy more powerful weapons.. stronger spells

im not going to go on and on and on so to but a long story short

THE GAME IS SH|T

Advertisement