Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon has kidnapped my domain!!!

Options
  • 14-09-2004 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need some advise on this one. I'm a web designer and a client of mine registered a .ie for his business a few years ago. He did it through Tinet which was taken over by Eircom. I've been ringing around Eircom all morning trying to get someone that can transfer the domain for me but no luck yet. Eircom staff keep giving me their 1570 tech support number (tried their too and the hadn't a clue) Does anyone know what department or what person handles domains in Eircom? any idea what their number is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There might be a contact name/number if you do a whois on the domain name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Yeah I tried that. the admin contact has my clients details and the technical contact just says "Eircom Net System Dept" No one in Eircom seems to know where this department is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If Eircom are un responsive you could try contacting the IEDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://support.eircom.net/contact.asp?Bus

€1.75 a minute. **** me.

The IEDR require the administrative contact to fax them. If eircom are set up as this, the IEDR will tell you their hands are tied....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

A host cannot put their own name as the admin contact with .ie domains.

My recommendation would be to contact your current host and get them to do the transfer; all they need is an authorisation letter from your client. This will take eircom out of the equation.

If you current host is a .ie reseller the process will only take a couple of days.
    List of .ie resellers http://www.iedr.ie/ListResellers.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

All you need to transfer a .ie domain away from Eircom is a signed letter from your client as he would be down as the owner of the domain,you do not need to speak to anyone in Eircom about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Sposs wrote:
    All you need to transfer a .ie domain away from Eircom is a signed letter from your client as he would be down as the owner of the domain,you do not need to speak to anyone in Eircom about it.
    Except to ask them to remove the domain from their DNS so that eircom users can view the new site, etc.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Try 1850 204 204 and go through to other internet products they may be able to help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you can get past the phone drones at Eircom the actual proper technical staff should be reasonably helpful in sorting this out.

Advertisement