Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eberron Campaign Setting

• 14-09-2004 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people here think of it. I think it's a nice change compared to the over-powered Forgotten Realms setting, if with a bit too much pulp fantasy/sci-fi bits.

I'm starting playing an inquisitive campaign of it on Sunday. It's been run by my favourite local GM/RPG writer, if people are interested I could keep some kind of journal on it here :)

What would people think of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

By all means. I'm playing in an Eberron campaign right now too, and it's really really fun. I'd love to see what others are getting out of it.

Personally, I love the cities. In Forgotten Realms, it's just "You're in Waterdeep." but Sharn, City of Towers is so much more alive and vibrant, and dead cool. A character could spend his/her life there adventuring and not bother with the rest of the world.

The new races and player classes are fun, the prestige classes are cool (I love the master Inquisitive. Nazi Gestapo Elves! :D ), the action point system makes for some really over the top heroics, and the high tech magic results in pretty much everything I love about fantasy.

And the artwork, don't get me started on the shiny, shiny artwork...

/me sits down and has a rest.

Advertisement