Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal Question - bank account?

Options
  • 14-09-2004 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Hi hope you can help

A client is thinking of using PayPal to get set up quickly to accept credit cards on her site. This client has not registered a business and has a personal current bank account.

I just wanted to doublecheck that she can transfer funds back into her personal account from PayPal and doesn't have to have a business acount before I recommend she registers with them.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

That is correct.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...for a small fee of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

it's fine, they do charge commision though, I think it's something like 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

From their site, within Ireland the rates are 3.4% + €0.35 EUR for low volume (< Eur 2500 per month). Within Europe across a border, 3.9% + €0.35 EUR and to the US 3.9% + $0.30 USD.

I've been looking into Merchant Accounts and with the monthly gateway and statement fees maybe it's better to get turning over with PayPal before applying for one.

Advertisement