Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend Of Mir the Review

Options
  • 21-08-2001 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I have started to play legend of mir and i started to think its a good game,

I'm on level 6 at the moment and find the game brialiant.

The thing i'm disapointed in is that people say it actualy isnt the full game.

I think i'm going to continue playing it but i dont want to put loads of work into my character and then the real version comes out and i have to start from scratch again.

Any opions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You can be pretty sure that when the full game is released the characters will be wiped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭linkin

That sux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Hybernian

Legend of mir is a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Err no all data on the Dragon server will be kept there when the full game is released..
    And i hear you will be able to switch your characters over to the other servers when they are up

What is now was once only imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rev Hellfire:
    You can be pretty sure that when the full game is released the characters will be wiped.</font>

that is crap.[forgot to add] smile.gif[/forgot to add]
    any1 below level 2 will be wiped, thats all.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 21-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well there you go, I'm wrong. what is the word coming to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

UO 0wns LOM
    That is All.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well there you go then, a confession from someone who 2 weeks ago despised the game. Good on ya linkin, it truly is a class game and will get better as you go along.You will have to wait till your at least lvl 7 before anything good happens,i.e. fireball or fencing,i think the tao can do healing at 7 too??? I'm just about lvl 15 wizard and am finding the skeletons easier than ever now. The bone elites are a bit trickier but go down easy with a few people attacking. Whatever you do, don't go to zuma temple until you're at least lvl 18 wiz, higher for a warrior coz me and bossaway went in to see what it was like and got pounded. Vinny from dnc stays there most of the time and rakes in the exp.

He's lvl 29 now i think and i have only seen two players with a higher lvl than him so far so i'd say he's one of the highest in the world at the game. Good luck in the game linkin and whoever else plays it.

And this UO, WTF does that stand for?????

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

Ultima Online

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FunkyChicken:
    UO 0wns LOM
    That is All.
    </font>

Sadly this is true.

• Advertisement

oh, have heard it's ok but i'd say starcraft may be better.

DOES ANYONE KNOW VINNY'S NAME IN LoM ?????

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Death Sentence:
    oh, have heard it's ok but i'd say starcraft may be better.
    </font>

em rofl?
    what does starcraft have to do with mmorpg's ? they are completely different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

Anyone know wheres theres some good free mmorpg's like Legend of Mir?

Pweese!!!!!

Ultima Online player shards are free , Jag is makin one at the mo

em rofl?
    what does starcraft have to do with mmorpg's ? they are completely different
    </font>
    i know, i just thought i'd say something completely stupid. I know it's a strategy game ffs.

I'm still playing it and it gets a bit boring.

Very boring infact.

I'd be better of playing counter-strike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Ultima Online player shards are free , Jag is makin one at the mo</font>

Jag has been making one for a year...

Its very odd how many Csers have started playing LOM. I got a char up to L 6 just to see what it was like a while ago and most of the chaps I talked to were cs mups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Actually I'm really surprised that they're keeping on all the old characters. In almost every mmrpg I've seen before they've taken out all the old characters. Mainly to give all the people who bought the retail version a chance to catch up with the lads who've been playing for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

it does get a bit repeditive,i think you should have more say in your character,like when they go up alevel you should have some choices or sum10 wot u think?

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

Well as of next month the pay-to-play scheme comes in and from then you will be able to do 1 thing i know of, change the characters clothes. But there woll be a geater choice of things to do in December when the new update patch comes out. They will have more mobs, possibly a new character and a whole new continent{1 of a planned 5 new ones} so it will get better but if you have the patience to wait till the patch arrives.

Character update:

Lvl 16 wiz about 47% also.
    new skills:
    1. lvl 2 repulse nearly there
    2. lvl 3 fireball nearly there
    3. Hellfire
    also have spells up till lvl 20 in storage

• Advertisement

New update on lvl:

Fireball = lvl 3
    Repulsion= lvl 2
    E-shock = lvl 1
    Hellfire = lvl 0

Character = lvl 16 + 52% exp

death sentence please send me regular updates at : wow_thats_really_interesting@hotmail.com
    that is all.

Hehe.

Funky chicken tongue.gif

Funky monkey

Funky linkin biggrin.gif

Well i'm totaly bored of LOM now.

I prefare games like Cs,Ut,SF and so on.

And a little of UO.

rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hybernian:
    Legend of mir is a good game.</font>

am i right in thinking hybernian is linkin
    and wtf are you thinking replying to your own post's

lom after a while is sh|t

death sentence please send me regular updates at : wow_thats_really_interesting@hotmail.com
    that is all.
    </font>
    How about i send you to St Brendans where you belong with the rest of the nutcases from boards. Or i could spam the shyte out of you @ funkychicken@eircom.net ????? what do you think you mong !!!! STFU u muppet

LoM sucks and UO rock0rs biggrin.gif

Vega is the best Street Fighter character :D

<R&D> Linkin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Death Sentence:
    How about i send you to St Brendans where you belong with the rest of the nutcases from boards. Or i could spam the shyte out of you @ funkychicken@eircom.net ????? what do you think you mong !!!! STFU u muppet
    </font>

please do spam funkychicken@eircom.net ,ill even join in seeing as it isnt my email nemore ....
    and yes i am the muppet here
    btw hows ur LOM character coming along?
    That is all.

Advertisement