Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday lunch restaurant recommendation in Cork

• 14-09-2004 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a good sunday lunch restaurant for my dads 60th birthday this year. Preferably has a private room for the family and with food that doesn't come un-cooked, overcooked or past its sell by date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Looking for a good sunday lunch restaurant for my dads 60th birthday this year. Preferably has a private room for the family and with food that doesn't come un-cooked, overcooked or past its sell by date.

What kind of food are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Try the Bosun - after years of extensive Sunday research it's still the best. They also have a room suitable for families etc and the menu is "aged" friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ravenhead wrote:
    What kind of food are you looking for?
    My dad is a bit hard to please and normally doesn't stray from his roast chicken and spuds on a sunday. However, we all went to Joels in Dublin last year for a christening and the place suited tastes for all ages. If there was a place like this in Cork it would solve all my problems as we have ages from 8 months to 80yrs going to this.

My sister is the manageress in the restaurant in the Bullman in Kinsale so we can look at that but the Bosun's menu is lookin good.
    Their a la carte menu would be worth a visit some evening.

Advertisement