Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any bet on Mid-Week Footie ?

• 14-09-2004 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing any bet on the mid-week footie ? If so what do you fancy ?

I've always done accums while doing football bets meaning that every selection you make has to come up but what are the other options ?

For example if I selected 7 results and 5 of them were correct what bet would I have to make to get a return on the 5 correct results ?

Was the "Betting" thread done away with ??

We all like the idea of making money don't we ?? Especially when it's easy money , and I know it's not always easy .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I've 3 small bets on for tonight. Don't usually do accumulators, not very adventurous :D

From Betfair.com I have:

PSV to beat Arsenal - 12/1
    Celtic to beat Barca - 3.2/1
    PSG to beat Chelsea - 3.3/1

If I get any of them then I should have my money back and in the unlikely event Arsenal lose then I'll be quite happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

For example if I selected 7 results and 5 of them were correct what bet would I have to make to get a return on the 5 correct results ?
    Well you could do all 5-fold bets from a selection of 7 which is essentially 21 bets so your paying 21 times the amount. The reason is you can make 21 combinations of 5 from those 7 teams. If your not a big better you'd be putting on E1 which would cost a total of E21 and if you know what you're doing you'll nearly always win something back.

Just to explain a bit more. If you put the following teams on:

Arsenal (1.33) - If you're not sure about decimal odds its just put E1 on and you get E1.33 back.
    Inter (1.67)
    Panathinaikos (1.77)
    Porto (1.65)
    Valencia (1.40)
    AS Roma (1.53)
    Deportivo (1.50)

If 5 of those teams win (its very unlikely that 3 of those 7 teams will let you down) you get paid for 1 accumulator of those 5 teams. If Porto and Valencia let you down and the rest win you'll get odds of 9.02 (8/1) which will still put you in a loss. If 6 of those teams win (lets say Porto are the only team not to win) you'll receive money for all the 5-fold accumulators (I think there's a total of 7). Arsenal, Inter, Panathinaikos, Valencia and Roma is 1. Inter, Panathinaikos, Valencia, Deportivo is another. Etc, etc, etc. If all 7 teams win you have just won 21 bets and receive about 200 back (Its not as much as a standard 7-fold accum as there is obviously a lot less risk involved).

If you have a strong feeling someone like Celtic (at 3.25) will win that will really raise your winning potential. I wouldn't pick the 7 teams above as your putting at least E21 at risk when you'll be lucky to just double that. Add in some like Ajax, Celtic or Lyon to raise your potential winnings by a lot.

Hope that helps.

/Edit, those odds are from gamebookers but judging from Pete's post Betfair have much better odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I've a 6 game accumalator with PP done.

Arsenal, Inter, Valencia, Chelsea have come in and waiting on Madrid and Bayern from tonight. Not a very big bet just €3 but get about €65 if it comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

p.pete wrote:
    That's why I keep my bets small :mad: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

p.pete wrote:
    I've 3 small bets on for tonight. Don't usually do accumulators, not very adventurous :D

From Betfair.com I have:

If I get any of them then I should have my money back and in the unlikely event Arsenal lose then I'll be quite happy :D

think they seen u coming :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

This is the bet I did last night :

Arsenal 4/11
    Barcelona 13/10
    Milan Evs
    Sunderland 8/11

.50 Yankee .

If I had done my usual Accum I would have made twice what I'll make outta this bet !! :mad:

Now for tonight's games !!

Cheers Lads

Not a very big bet just €3 but get about €65 if it comes in

Profit is profit , it's handy money from sitting down watching the game !! Not too sure about Real away to Leverkusen .

Best of luck anyway .

I got back a little over 27 yo-yo's which has in part being re-invested in :

Liverpool Evens
    Real Madrid 5/4
    Coventry 8/11

10 yo-yo Accum. Return over 70 .

Fingers crossed again .

I'm a Man U fan and was tempted to include them @11/8 but just ain't confident in them at the moment.

Real Madrid
    Liverpool
    Coventry
    Juventus
    Man U

An accum on all these would give about 50/1 depending on whose price you take , worth a few quid I think

Advertisement