Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sets on the Internet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wer-is-the-fun

BaZmO* wrote:
    no sh1t...

wats dat supposed ta mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

wats dat supposed ta mean?

txt spk iz nt likd hre v much

i was going to suggest gabriel ananda's bbc essential mix but i cant find it anywhere, it was here but is no longer available apparently.

Some of his stuff can be found here. Check out doppel whipper, im sure you could get the mix off your cousin if you really wanted to

i hope this hasnt been posted before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

a147pro wrote:
    who removed Dr Electrolove I love Techno! where else can I get this or other Electrolove live?
    The file Justice@ILT2006 shows up as Lektroluv @ ILT when playing. Don't think its Lectroluv - though I've never heard him.

I recommend the Justice set if you've never heard 'em. The encoding plays back a bit quiet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

www.ump3.de, thats all ya need to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Anandas essential mix

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3IJAQF6

Mick Rubin ‘Sommernachtstraum’ (Stil Vor Talent)
    Superflu ‘Monaberry’ (Lorna)
    Cold ‘Strobelight Network’ (Reload)
    Depeche Mode ‘Sinner Inside (Ricardo Villalobos Remix)’ (Mute)
    Dennis Ferrer ‘Transitions’ (King Street Sounds)
    Matthias Tanzmann ‘Movin Cool Grey’ (Moon Harbour)
    Pier Bucci ‘Hay Consuelo (Samim Rmx)’ (Crosstown Rebels)
    Gabriel Ananda ‘Wood’ (Karmarouge)
    Josh Wink ‘Oakish’ (Ovum)
    Gabriel Ananda ‘Untitled’ (White Label)
    Mrco Bailey ‘Passion Cocktail (Phil Kieran Remix)’ (b Electronics)
    Christian Smith And John Selway ‘Silver Bullet’ (Ovum)
    SCSI 9 ‘Railway Three’ (K2)
    Gabriel Ananda ‘Untitled’ (White Label)
    Unknown Artist ‘Unknown Bootleg (White Label)
    Gabriel Ananda ‘Take Off (Live)’ (Karmarouge)
    Moodyman ‘Shades Of Jae’ (KDJ)
    Nass ‘Teil 1’ (Nummer)
    Sian ‘Stegosaurus’ (Karmarouge)
    Gabriel Ananda ‘Lamakova’ (Karmarouge)
    Gabriel Ananda ‘Take Off Sweep’ (Treibstoff)
    Daniel Mehlhart ‘Am Anfang War Es Minimal’ (Karmarouge()
    Leonel Castillo ‘Y El Viente Blanco’ (Sush 4.2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a147pro wrote:
    who removed Dr Electrolove I love Techno! where else can I get this or other Electrolove live?

http://mixesdb.com/db/index.php/2006_-_Dr._Lektroluv_%40_I_Love_Techno

http://mixesdb.com/db/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dermot Nolan

Hi lads,

first time posting here so hope its in the right place. Im looking for daft punks current live set (alive tour) in mp3 format. I downloaded one there last week, not sure where its from but its missing the encore. So im specifically looking for the set including the encore mash up - any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Here is the track list for a "recent";) gig, if it helps:

'Robot Rock'
    'Oh Yeah'
    'Touch It'
    'Voyager'
    'Technologic'
    'Television Rules The Nation'
    'Crescendolls'
    'Steam Machine'
    'Around The World'
    'Harder Better Faster Stronger'
    'Burnin'
    'Too Long'
    'Face To Face'
    'Short Circuit'
    'One More Time'
    'Aerodynamic'
    'Forget About The World'
    'Brainwasher'
    'Phoenix'
    'Prime Time Of Your Life'
    'Rollin and Scratchin'
    'Alive'
    'Da Funk'
    'Daftendirekt'
    'Superheroes'
    'Rock N' Roll'
    'Human After All'
    'Revolution 909'
    'Together'
    'Music Sounds Better With You'
    'Aerodynamic'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Hi lads,

first time posting here so hope its in the right place. Im looking for daft punks current live set (alive tour) in mp3 format. I downloaded one there last week, not sure where its from but its missing the encore. So im specifically looking for the set including the encore mash up - any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

you're asking for a bootleg basically, which is illegal, so you won't be getting one here.

...and i've looked on torrent sites and it ain't there. best bet is wait until a few US dates are done and some torrents will show up

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ispyvisuals

Altern 8 played a savage set last week @ the sai fest, heres a link to the full live vj'd mix

http://ie.youtube.com/profile?user=ispyvisuals

enjoy:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Myself and CTRob were due to go to this,looks good, Altern-8 rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Great set as was Neil lendstrum before hand.Great to get the chance to dance to the tunes you missed first time round
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skinzi

Steve Kinsey – Buzzin Fly, Jimpster, 2020 Vision and Samim live mixes…and Japanese Buddhism!

Hi all

Just putting up a couple of new mixes. Details and some Japanese Buddhist time-wasting opportunities (seriously) below.

Keep it country and Goshô wa daiji.

Steve

Steve Kinsey live at The Morgan, Temple Bar, Dublin - 260707

I usually post a minimum of 60-90 minute mixes, but this is only a short 35 minute mix as my MP3 recorder ran out of juice and pressed ‘Stop’ for me. Oops! S'nice though, 5 of my favourite tracks right now are on here and it won’t take up too much memory on your iPod either (48.1 MB, to be precise).

5 FAVOURITES MICROMIX (35 minutes)

Tracklist:

Justin Martin / The Sad Piano (Jimpster Remix) / Buzzin Fly
    Kiko Navarro / Siempre (Jimpster Remix) / Swank
    2020 Soundsystem / High (Llorca Remix) / 2020 Vision
    The Green Man / Blink (Main Mix) / Buzzin Fly
    Subsky / Ses / Urbantorque

Listen to a stream at www.myspace.com/skinzi

(there are three other streaming live mixes here, links to loads more downloadable mixes in the blogs section and also three players loaded with a total of 50 full-length unmixed tracks, all streaming at a fat 320kbps – so I guess a broadband connection and a bit of free time to check it all out might be a good idea!)

Download MP3 (192 kbps) at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7XF1M30

Steve Kinsey live at The Morgan Temple Bar Dublin 040807

Samim is one of my favourite producers right now, so here's a wee mix recorded live at the end of one of my sets in The Morgan a couple of weeks back. Just thought I'd put it up 'cos his tracks / remixes flow really nicely into one another and his stuff is always absolute top-drawer! Again it’s much shorter than mixes I usually post on forums, but it’s a nice memory-friendly 37.7 MB…byte-size then…tee hee…sorry, I’ll get me coat!

SAMIM GOT SOUL MICROMIX (28 Minutes)

Tracklist:

Samim / Rora / Get Physical
    Samim ft Big Bully / Paspd / Circus Company
    Cle and Mike Vamp / Maisonette (Samim’s Abracadabra Remix) / Dessous
    Pier Bucci / Hay Consuelo (Samim Remix) / Crosstown Rebels
    OUTRO
    A Guy Called Gerald / Voodoo Ray / Rham

Again, streaming mix and all the other stuff at www.myspace.com/skinzi

Download at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EXEMIKSJ

Cheers all

Steve Kinsey

PS ‘Voodoo Ray?’ you may or may not be wondering – damn right, old as the hills I know but still completely relevant and always one of my favourites to finish a night on. I like to finish with what was, for me anyway, the start. There were others, Steve ‘Silk’ Hurley ‘Jack Your Body’, MARRS ‘Pump Up The Volume’, Farley ‘Jackmaster’ Funk ‘Love Can’t Turn Around’, the magnificent LFO ‘LFO (Leeds Warehouse Mix)’ and even Herbie Hancock ‘Rockit’, but A Guy Called Gerald’s ‘Voodoo Ray’ was my own personal Blues Brothers-style moment of revelation and will always have a VERY special place in my heart. Besides, as a wise old Japanese Buddhist dude once said, ‘Hana wa né ni kaeru’ – ‘The flower goes back to its root’.

Peas

SK

PPS I didn’t make that up by the way, ‘Hana wa né ni kaeru’ – ‘The flower goes back to its root’ is a real Japanese Buddhist saying I found at http://www.sacred-texts.com/shi/igj/igj12.htm! Don’t worry, I’m not a religious fruity loop pushing my website of true enlightenment under the cunning guise of a house DJ. Actually I’m not in any way religious, and apologies to any hardcore Japanese Buddhists reading this, I don’t mean to cause offence – I freely take the p*** out of any and all religions equally and without prejudice. Besides Buddhism has always seemed to be one of the cooler and more peaceful religions to me, and some of their little sayings are very wise…some are very funny…some are just completely weird…and some (i.e. the best ones) are wise, funny and weird all at the same time…just in case you're really bored and/or don't want to do any real work today, here’s some of my personal favourites:-

Uri no tsuru ni nasubi wa naranu. Egg-plants do not grow upon melon-vines.
    Kinda stating the obvious really, but it sounds pretty impressive if you say it a bit like Yoda, lift your finger and furrow your brow knowingly.

Gun-mô no tai-zô wo saguru ga gotoshi. Like a lot of blind men feeling a great elephant.
    Erm...just weird…and probably illegal!

Enkô ga tsuki wo toran to suru ga gotoshi. Like monkeys trying to snatch the moon's reflection on water.
    Again, I haven’t the faintest idea what this actually means but it’s a crackin’ put-down when someone’s dropped the last bit of spliff on the carpet and everyone’s wasted on their hands and knees trying to find it!

Issun no mushi ni mo, gobu no tamashii. Even a worm an inch long has a soul half-an-inch long.
    I like that one.

Oni mo jiu-hachi. Even a devil is pretty at eighteen.
    …and legal!

Rokudô wa, mé no maé. The Six Roads are right before your eyes.
    Oh dear, spannered again! Rememeber, ‘Kuchi wa wazawai no kado’ and ‘Oni mo jiu-hachi’ (the one about egg-plants might also be useful here, y’never know!).

Fuji seppô suru hôshi wa, hirataké ni umaru. The priest who preaches foul doctrine shall be reborn as a fungus.
    a.k.a It’s all gone Pete Tong.

Tondé bi ni iru natsu no mushi. So the insects of summer fly to the flame.
    Festival season again!

Goshô wa daiji. The future life is the all-important thing.
    Nuff said.

T’ra
    Buddha K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skinzi

...any feedback on these would be cool :-)

cheers

sk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

i presue everyone knows about this but if you don't its amazing.

www.up3.de

then click audio and look at the list of free sets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭rasoul

I Have yet to do it, but would like to start, can anyone tell me, i have a dell inspiron 1300, XP, will I need a soundcard, if so, can you please recommend one, also what sort of cable will I need, and whats the best software ? I have soundforge 8.0 would that suffice ?

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭rasoul

Anyone got any billy scurry mixes, that i might be able to download please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Wow, animal set, great VJing...planned just to flick through this but ended up watching all the vids through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Would love to hear Karl Davis' set if there's one floating around... wish I'd gone now, but my poor brain was in need of a bit of rest after the picnic:p

I don't understand why it's one thread for all sets like a bit ****y to say the least. Who has time or could be arsed looking at 24 pages of one single thread. Sort it out Mods!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 vaughny

hey everyone

does anybody have the link or able to post up the last night in the ormond sets??? i recently found it on tape(thought i lost it years ago) anyways there are some great sets done by orbit/ken o flanaghan/mark kavanagh etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Check that Asylum thread Vaughny, there are loads of old sets in there for the picking. I'm reasonably sure I saw it in there somehwere...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

this link is off www.nioldskool.co.uk
    join that site for sharing any mixes ya have or for any ya need yourself :D
    anyway... http://www.mediafire.com/?0mdtz74zcvf
    my last night of ormonde is 106mb , didnt download this but think its only 65mb , check it anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Does anyone know what the story is with this site? Been picking up some cracking stuff of it but it seems to be gone this morning. Pity. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

A legendary nite in the history of raving and clubbing in this country, i was there of course, vastly overcrowded with thousands outside clambering to get in,place was rocking big style atmosphere amazing, well the Ormond always was, i don't think ive ever really had a bad nite there,have these sets myself if your stuck but you should be able to get them off NI Old Skool.:cool:

Ormond Multimedia Centre RIP.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I remember seeing a site that has pretty much all the BBC Essential Selection mixes with tracklistings, for download.
    Anyone know the site I’m talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Thought that website had been down for ages..think it had gotten hacked or something..

Advertisement