Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercing documentary

Options
  • 14-09-2004 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello people,

My name is Colm and I'm a director. I'm looking to make a documentary in Dublin as part of a new series that RTE want to do called "micro-tribes". The aim of micro-tribes is to present alternative lifestyles in a different way in a late night Network Two series. I have always been fascinated by piercing (as well as tats - have two of them and got my nipple pierced a few years back) and thought that it was quite an interesting subject for a documentary. Obviously people have made tv programmes before about piercing, but they tend to be kind of tabloid shock value pieces and I thought it would be quite subversive to make a documentary that presents piercing as a valuable life choice to a mainstream (though late night) audience.

I want to cover all the aspects of what is quite a wide church and try to explain the various reasons for peole getting pierced and present human motives accurately. I am interested in everything from kids getting their belly buttons pierced right through to people pushing the boundaries of pain in more extreme ways.

I am also interested in talking to anyone about the personal reasons for getting pierced, anyone who has received discrimination (in the work place or otherwise) about their piercings and anyone who is interested in getting a piercing filmed.

Anyone who might be interested in being interviewed or participating in the piece can e-mail me at colm@prodigyfilm.com

Thanks a million guys and best wishes to you all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You might want to get in touch with Rob/Steve in Snakebite (MIddle Abbey St) or Paddy in Bodyshock etc etc i'm sure they'd put the word about for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 collywob

thanks etho. I am interviewing Paddy tonight and doing some shooting in Body Shock this week. I've also been talking to Rob, but thanks for the advice. A couple of people from this forum have responded and are being interviewed for the documentary, but I am still looking for contributors if anyone is interested in sharing their experiences. I am hoping to be able to promote a better understanding of piercing so any help gratefully received.

Just a wee note to add to this. I now have quite a few male contributors but since 70% of those getting pierced are women I am a bit worried about my documentary being representative. So if any of you women are interested, it would be great to hear from you. colm@prodigyfilm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

yeah but the majority of those 70% female prob just have ear lobes\bellybutton

maybe ask the piercers you're interviewing what the percentage is for piercings other than the traditional girl piercings

mostly tongues actually. got a lot of help from users of this forum. cheers guys.i'll try and put a post up here when the thing is airing. off to edit now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement