Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quinten Hann (snooker)Vs Jonathan Magee (Gaa)

• 14-09-2004 4:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody have a link to the site that have the tickets...?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Anybody....?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Celebrity Death Match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I don't think there's any 'official site' for it and ticketmaster don't have anything listed for the national stadium

Hadn't heard about this until now but I hope Magee knocks the crap out of that jumped-up tosser.
    http://www.hoganstand.com/dublin/04/083104.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Apparently Hann has had boxing training before so he wont be a pushover.
    Jonny Magee is a big chap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

course he wont, hann is on a world tour with tis thing, its a money making racket. Magee gets €20,000 to take a dive and hann continues on his merry was as a world beater. Me, cynical....never,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

check out http://www.potwhack.com . site isn't updated with news but gives link to get tickets from stanjames. Hann's agent was blabbin yesterday about how he'd beat any irish guy till roddy collins had enough, roddy said he'd take him on anywhere , rules or no rules , Hann's manager almost **** himself and backed down pretty quick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I really dont understand this. Its a complete publicity stunt (obviously).

I mean, lets just say some GAA player slags Aussie Rules players, saying they're.. *ahem* very feminine, surely the Aussie Rules players would get their backs up, and maybe one of them would challenge a fight. What on earth has Hann, a bloody snooker player got to do with Aussie Rules? He's Australian, yes, but thats it.

flogen

Anybody know who won this...?it was on last night

I just found this....

Magee wins bout with Hann

Dublin footballer Jonathan Magee silenced Australian loudmouth and snooker star Quinten Hann with a points victory in their charity boxing match at the National Stadium on Saturday, September 25.

Around 500 punters turned up at the Dublin venue to see Magee edge the affair over three hard-fought two-minute rounds. In a scrappy affair, Magee appeared over-eager in the early stages which allowed Hann to pick off several head punches.

The Kilmacud Crokes player suffered a slight cut, but the judges handed him victory after a storming third round.

Advertisement